Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal separation advice

• 23-10-2016 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I was wondering if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction?
    I've been separated for just over three years. I initially thought of just waiting for the four years, but now am thinking that a legal separation would be a good basis - it was a reasonably un-acrimonious split, or at least I think so. I'm aware that that is just my point of view though, which is why I'd like to get something sorted sooner rather than later.
    I very eagerly got legal advice early on, and whilst I know I'll ultimately do that again, it was pretty costly, so I thought I would just see if anyone in a similar situation could shed some light.
    How does the application for a legal separation work if the other partner is no longer in the country, or does that make it impossible? That maybe a daft question, but Google has thrown up more than one answer.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do you have contact details for the other party such as an address?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭smurfette2212

Stheno wrote: »
    Do you have contact details for the other party such as an address?

I don't, but would be able to get them - we have some mutual friends still, some of whom live relatively near to him.

Advertisement