Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopped getting email updates

Options
  • 23-10-2016 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭

For some reason i have stopped getting email updates for followed threads,
    i have checked the settings all seem to be the same. thks

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

This could be because the e-mail address that you've registered with Boards has ended up in our email blacklist. Usually this is because that account was was either bouncing mails back to us or you have our email address flagged as spam. If you can confirm that either of these is not the case then we can remove your entry from the blacklist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Not sure how to confirm it , but have not flag boards as spam and never had this problem before, member since 2009.

This could be because the e-mail address that you've registered with Boards has ended up in our email blacklist. Usually this is because that account was was either bouncing mails back to us or you have our email address flagged as spam. If you can confirm that either of these is not the case then we can remove your entry from the blacklist.

I did get email today from boards with bargain request today which i added last night just to see if this would work, as it did do i have redo all my followed threads?

Boards.ie Employee

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I did get email today from boards with bargain request today which i added last night just to see if this would work, as it did do i have redo all my followed threads?

You shouldn't have to. See how things work out today and let me know. If you PM me your mail (if you're still having issues), I can get the guys to check it out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,349 ✭✭✭naughto

Iam getting the same problem no email for the last week

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

naughto wrote: »
    Iam getting the same problem no email for the last week

Can you check to see if Boards has ended up being marked as spam. If not, could you PM me your e-mail address and I'll get the guys to take a look.

No boards in the spam folder. Pm on the way

Boards.ie Employee

naughto wrote: »
    No boards in the spam folder. Pm on the way

That should be sorted for you now.

That should be sorted for you now.

I got this email so it should be good thanks for your help

You shouldn't have to. See how things work out today and let me know. If you PM me your mail (if you're still having issues), I can get the guys to check it out here.

The only way to get email updates is to unfollow thread, close boards ,reopen, then follow thread, then i will get updates next day.

• Advertisement

Same thing is happening again was fine after I emailed my email to you

Boards.ie Employee

The only way to get email updates is to unfollow thread, close boards ,reopen, then follow thread, then i will get updates next day.

Can you check your Subscriptions in your Control Panel to make sure that they are all in line. To do so, hover over your username in the top right hand corner and click "Control Panel" under Profile Settings. Then scroll down until you see the category "My Threads" and click "List Subscriptions". You'll see a list of threads and the type of notification you are receiving. Thanks!

Can you check your Subscriptions in your Control Panel to make sure that they are all in line. To do so, hover over your username in the top right hand corner and click "Control Panel" under Profile Settings. Then scroll down until you see the category "My Threads" and click "List Subscriptions". You'll see a list of threads and the type of notification you are receiving. Thanks!

Hi, i checked that, some threads are mark as instant, some of the latest comments would be today, but i get no updates ?

Boards.ie Employee

Hi, i checked that, some threads are mark as instant, some of the latest comments would be today, but i get no updates ?

We're removing your e-mail address from Blacklist - could you please triple check that Boards (no-reply@) isn't marked as Spam in any of your settings / un-mark as Spam anything that does get directed to your Spam folder? Thanks.

(Also, please post to let me know that this is done)

Yes i have check my email settings, boards not blacklisted, by the way not getting updates on this thread either, have to go into my posts to see if i get a reply. thks

Boards.ie Employee

Yes i have check my email settings, boards not blacklisted, by the way not getting updates on this thread either, have to go into my posts to see if i get a reply. thks

You should start getting updates promptly now.

You should start getting updates promptly now.

Yes, just got this one, thanks for your help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement