Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake university degree

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,997 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I have the good fortune to have an accredited degree, but I've thought about getting a fake degree for a laugh. It could never go on my CV. It would be in some trivial subject that would have people going "what, you can get a degree in that?"

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Neither sheltered nor privileged. I worked hard in school to get to a good college. I worked hard in college to get a good job. Worked part time from the age of 14, worked through college.
    I guess I just didn't need a couple of years stacking shelves in Dunnes to realise I wanted to do an accountancy degree with a class full of people who got 200 points in their leaving cert

Does it get chilly in that ivory tower?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

I have a degree but no LC and barely passed the Junior cert.
    Having trouble finding work at the moment possibly since I leave these two fields blank on any application form. For Junior cert I just write 'Passed' and leave it at that.
    Might just start lying like **** and see if that helps.

Whats the average LC points and I'll make up some results to match?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Neither sheltered nor privileged. I worked hard in school to get to a good college. I worked hard in college to get a good job. Worked part time from the age of 14, worked through college.
    I guess I just didn't need a couple of years stacking shelves in Dunnes to realise I wanted to do an accountancy degree with a class full of people who got 200 points in their leaving cert

I'm still waiting on you to tell me where one can buy a degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I wouldn't bother, had a quick look of his posting history and most of his comments are inane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

DBS. We've been over this, try to keep up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Buying a degree implies you pay to get the letters without having to do 4 years of studies & exams on more or less the same syllabus as the other Universities/ITs.

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Buying a degree implies you pay to get the letters without having to do 4 years of studies & exams on more or less the same syllabus as the other Universities/ITs.

Yeah, but that's 4 years of two evenings of lectures a week...

Yeah, but that's 4 years of two evenings of lectures a week...

I'd imagine many weekends are also included on the timetable and wouldn't it require more commitment to study the same amount of material working full time rather than some hungover teenager who stumbles into lectures at 10 or 11 in the morning and regularly misses mondays. (from what I seen personally in my younger days)
    Even the full time business degrees tend to have much fewer weekly hours than other stuff such as the STEM areas from my own experience.

Anyways, personally I'm nearly finished several years of ACCA studies, tuition is only available through private colleges and exams are set by a professional body. So I guess in your book I'm 'buying' my qualification...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Guys, The_Captain is merely trolling here, that's why I've added him to my ignore list. It's clear to me that he doesn't have any degree of merit because he has to spend his day trolling for kicks.

I contacted DBS there and enquired about buying a degree, told them I had been told that they sold degrees.

To my surprise they told me that I would have to meet their entry requirements, actually do the coursework, pass exams and assignments and of course, pay the fees and that they dont just sell degrees.

I am disappointed.

I contacted DBS there and enquired about buying a degree, told them I had been told that they sold degrees.

To my surprise they told me that I would have to meet their entry requirements, actually do the coursework, pass exams and assignments and of course, pay the fees and that they dont just sell degrees.

I am disappointed.

Their entry requirements are a cheque and maybe 150 points on your leaving cert.

I know you're all getting really defensive about it, but unfortunately that's the reputation DBS has

Third level institutions facilitating people doing a masters that don't have an undergraduate degree is some joke too.

I did some work in a large med device company where the Quality Manager went about doing a masters, he was totally unqualified, he had to go off and do Leaving Cert maths somewhere first but once he did that he got his masters course.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Their entry requirements are a cheque and maybe 150 points on your leaving cert.

I know you're all getting really defensive about it, but unfortunately that's the reputation DBS has

those are the entry requirements. you still have to, you know, actually pass the exams. the same as you would in trinity or ucd.

Ah - so now you have changed your position from "you can simply buy a degree" to "there are entry requirements AND you need a cheque".

You still seem to have forgotten the bit about passing exams etc...

Where is your education (that I paid for) from? Because their standards seem to be the ones that are lacking in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

pilly wrote: »
    Thank you, some of us didn't have the luxury of spending four years full time in college whilst working a few hours a week and living off Mammy and Daddy.

In my case I was living away from home and working at 17. Gained a degree whilst working full-time at 30.

I worked three jobs in college to get my degree, without ever getting a penny from my parents, because they would never have been able to afford to give me anything. It was hard bloody work and I came close to being forced to drop out several times.
    The amount of people I used to meet with an inferiority complex like yours assuming everyone in college was getting paid to take the piss for four years made my blood boil. Who are you to assume what anyone else is going through?

benjamin d wrote: »
    I worked three jobs in college to get my degree, without ever getting a penny from my parents, because they would never have been able to afford to give me anything. It was hard bloody work and I came close to being forced to drop out several times.
    The amount of people I used to meet with an inferiority complex like yours assuming everyone in college was getting paid to take the piss for four years made my blood boil. Who are you to assume what anyone else is going through?

I'd say that if charges of making unfair assumptions could be leveled at anyone on this thread, it would be at the_captain...

It's called Daddys Business School, it has a reputation for being a college designed to cater for people with rich parents who did nothing in school.

I don't have any particular vendetta against the college or anyone who went there, I'm merely pointing out that, rightly or wrongly, this is what people think of DBS

I haven't just made all this up, so there's no need to start talking about ivory towers or lazy student scroungers to defend your college

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It's called Daddys Business School, it has a reputation for being a college designed to cater for people with rich parents who did nothing in school.

I don't have any particular vendetta against the college or anyone who went there, I'm merely pointing out that, rightly or wrongly, this is what people think of DBS

I haven't just made all this up, so there's no need to start talking about ivory towers or lazy student scroungers to defend your college

Some people, Captain. Not all people. Some people view the world in generalisations and stereotypes. Clever ones don't. ;)

I'm working with 6 people here on training placements. All qualified through DBS. All extremely good at what they're doing. Not a single one meeting your description. We view the qualification well here for trainees. We don't have to wonder if they know what they're talking about.

I wonder if you know what you're talking about....

• Advertisement

I'm merely pointing out that, rightly or wrongly, this is what people I think of DBS

FYP.

You seem to be the only person here with this notion. So Id say you dont really know what youre talking about.

FYP.

You seem to be the only person here with this notion. So Id say you dont really know what youre talking about.

www.google.ie/search?q=%22daddy%27s+business+school%22

Using google for research :rolleyes:

Advertisement