Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland and Three UK

Options
  • 23-10-2016 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Right so TWO MONTHS ago I initiated my claim with Pier Insurance. They are hands down, the biggest shower of assholes I have ever came across. After many many emails and many many phone calls I FINALLY got my replacement iPhone 6, to find it to be locked to another network. I contacted Apple and they said the phone was locked to "Hutchison UK" which I am aware is Three. If it is Three then why won't my SIM activate my iPhone? Are Three Ireland and Three UK two different things?

With regards Pier Insurance I am not sending back the phone to them again as it will only delay the process further. I plan to use a site called doctorsim.com to unlock the phone so I can use it because I am tired waiting, but that still doesn't answer my question as to why I can't activate the phone with my Three sim, my whole family are on the Three network so I tried all theirs, I tried my mother's O2 sim even, and that didn't work either.

Do I select Three as the carrier on doctorsim.com? I don't want to have to pay 50 euro for it to not work...

Thanks everyone.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Hutchison UK is 3 UK which is a completely separate network to 3 Ireland and so a phone locked to 3 Uk will not accept a 3 Ireland SIM.

They've clearly screwed up and sent you a phone locked to the wrong network so I wouldn't let them away with that!

Advertisement