Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School hater

Options
  • 23-10-2016 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

My 15 yr old is doing TY but absolutely loathes school. she was bullied badly last year to the point of being suicidal but after intervention seemed to be doing ok until now. She hates the bitchiness that goes on and the two facedness.Does she have to stay at school or can kids still leave at 16?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭sirboby

Well technically yes, children can drop out of school either when they turn 16 or they complete 3 years of post-primary education.

What i find strange is that your child opted to do Ty which is normally an optional year and it would probably of been best for your child to move straight on to 4th and 5th year if they hated school so badly. But it is probably too late to move to 4th year now depending on your child's academic ability.

Sounds to me like the main problem your child has is the girls/other children at her school, have you thought about moving to another school?

Either way you should get in contact and talk with your school principle to discuss your options.

Advertisement