Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hisense 43" 4k

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Etnies wrote: »
    368 for the 55".. im getting tempted. Already have 50" Samsung 1080p.. thats great price tho

Thats not a legitimate seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Thats not a legitimate seller.

Arg that **** is getting annoying now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Etnies wrote: »
    Arg that **** is getting annoying now

Yeah its hard to understand how amazon allow these guys to do this. Surely they must have some checks in place to stop this. Wouldn't be hard to scan through sellers to see who has that "e mail scammer at g mail . com" text in their description and auto remove them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

philstar wrote: »
    well its not proper HDR then ?
    What's your understanding of HDR?
    Tinie wrote: »
    HDR is not a chip.

it is a chip, a processing chip built on to the motherboard ...its either got it or it hasn't

no mention of it from the Hisense website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭cletus

philstar wrote: »
    it is a chip, a processing chip built on to the motherboard ...its either got it or it hasn't

no mention of it from the Hisense website

From my reading it would seem that hdr is not a chipset, but a firmware update that can be applied as long as your tv has the requisite colour gamut, and local dimming, sort of 'hdr ready' (obviously not an official term)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Hi, can someone point me to the best way to get my favourite/local apps on the Hisense 43" i.e. rte player, TV3 player etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

First impressions .....Very Very happy with the set. Great picture quality and easy enough to use ..

Haven't played much with app store yet

Delighted i went for the 55 as opposed to the 49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

jay0109 wrote: »
    Hi, can someone point me to the best way to get my favourite/local apps on the Hisense 43" i.e. rte player, TV3 player etc

It's not possible unless you have an Android box/fire stick or something similar.

Hisense are smart tv's, you can only put apps on Android tv's

But there are apps/shortcuts to Netflix, BBC player already in place on the TV.
    How does that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Hi all, whats the verdict on these compared to an LG or equivalent?

Might get one for the folks for xmas - I assume it supports saorview or is everyone using a box of some sort?

Thanks

• Advertisement

B00MSTICK wrote:
    Might get one for the folks for xmas - I assume it supports saorview or is everyone using a box of some sort?

Saorview + satellite tuner ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

But there are apps/shortcuts to Netflix, BBC player already in place on the TV.
    How does that work?

TG4 is the only Irish app on it at the moment.

jay0109 wrote:
    But there are apps/shortcuts to Netflix, BBC player already in place on the TV. How does that work?

Where might i find bbc player ....

cavan4sam wrote: »

In the Premium App section. Its already loaded to the TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

If you are in ireland it won't work. It's geo locked, unless you have a vpn set up.

deco nate wrote:
    If you are in ireland it won't work. It's geo locked, unless you have a vpn set up.

Ah ok how do i do that ? It only had an option of uk area ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Ah ok how do i do that ? It only had an option of uk area ?

When you set up the tv pick the uk since its all in English. That has nothing to do with vpn or getting iplayer.

I use a smartdns to get iplayer amazon (I'm not prime though) and netflix. You'll have to do your own research, but all a smartdns needs is you to change a setting in your tvs internet settings.

Netflix, BBC player, YouTube and Amazon video are already in the TV, they have an app store but it is absolutely crap. You can't add apps outside of their app store

I tried the apps last night..indeed they are crap.
    TG4 was the only non-premium app I could find that was of interest to me.

On the Premium app selection, BBC sport and BBC news worked. But BBC Player kept giving me error messages. So I would guess its geo-locked as mentioned above. But then why weren't the other BBCs also locked?

But ye, Apps terrible on it.
    Will buy a chromecast and stick it to the back of the TV

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I tried the apps last night..indeed they are crap.
    TG4 was the only non-premium app I could find that was of interest to me.

On the Premium app selection, BBC sport and BBC news worked. But BBC Player kept giving me error messages. So I would guess its geo-locked as mentioned above. But then why weren't the other BBCs also locked?

But ye, Apps terrible on it.
    Will buy a chromecast and stick it to the back of the TV
    YouTube and Netflix work fine. Also Plex does too. It does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭cletus

Netflix and youtube work pefectly. Having dedicated buttons on the remote is very handy, especially for the kids. I use an android stick for the likes of kodi.

BBC Player is geolocked from all devices in this country, not just this tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

//ollog wrote: »
    When you set up the tv pick the uk since its all in English.  That has nothing to do with vpn or getting iplayer.

I use a smartdns to get iplayer amazon (I'm not prime though) and netflix. You'll have to do your own research, but all a smartdns needs is you to change a setting in your tvs internet settings.

Do you just adjust DNS server 1 in the TV's settings to the closest DNS server address from who ever you sign up with? 

Then select UK from you DNS provider?

EDIT:  Sorry, i tried to edit/delete the question below, please ignore.

tonic wine wrote: »
    Do you just adjust DNS server 1 in the TV's settings to the closest DNS server address from who ever you sign up with? 

Then select UK from you DNS provider?

EDIT:  Sorry, i tried to edit/delete the question below, please ignore.

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭robbie67

Hi i have done a scan for the terrestrial and satellite stations all went well put them into channel edit and edited it to a favs list .Can someone tell me how to access the the fav list on my remote thanks

Sorry just worked it out thanks for your time

robbie67 wrote:
    Hi i have done a scan for the terrestrial and satellite stations all went well put them into channel edit and edited it to a favs list .Can someone tell me how to access the the fav list on my remote thanks

How do u scan for satellite stations ? I have all saorview

How do u scan for satellite stations ? I have all saorview

Settings-autoscan-change setup-I scanned astra 28.2e and got the satellite stations takes about 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

ReZonator wrote: »
    Have had a bit of time today to play about with the picture settings. I mentioned the uneven backlight in my previous post and if you have a similar issue you may be interested. I watched videos, using my pc, which clearly showed the uneven backlight and paused it. I then messed about with the settings to see if I could minimize the issue. I managed to get a better picture using slightly reduced brightness (not backlight). At he moment I have it set to standard mode, and have changed the brightness to 46, contrast to 47 and left the color saturation on it's default, 50. I couldn't eliminate the issue altogether without making the picture too dark so it's a compromise. The picture did lose a small bit of information to the darker settings, but I think I'm happier with the picture now. You might need settings tailored to your set, or perhaps you don't have this issue!
    Yep it's much butter now, just I set brightness to 48 and left all another settings like I setup them before, thanks for info

robbie67 wrote:
    Settings-autoscan-change setup-I scanned astra 28.2e and got the satellite stations takes about 10 mins

Fair play got it now ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

Yep it's much butter now, just I set brightness to 48 and left all another settings like I setup them before, thanks for info

Hi,

I was messing about with the settings again as the picture on my TV was kinda dark whilst using my PC, to avoid patchy pictures due to my uneven backlight. After much wasted time I used the color calibration tool in Windows 10 (right click on desktop > display settings > advanced display settings >color calibration). I had never needed to use this tool before so it went under my radar. I discovered the signal sent to the TV from my RX 470 had very poor Gamma settings.

I followed the instructions, which involved adjusting the gamma in win 10 by almost the full extent of the slider and got a significantly better picture, overall. I calibrated the color setting using the TV's default settings. Now I can drop the brightness settings on the TV way down and see much more information in the darker areas of the image. For me, this has almost solved my issue with the backlight.

I think web browsing/youtube etc looks best in standard mode with adaptive contrast set on high, to get better dull/black color uniformity, and I now have cinema mode set up with the following color settings (end of video), and the brightness set to only 45. Works for me, and I fell better about owning it now :)

Anybody else care to share settings?

This looks like a seriously good price

Hisense 55K390 55 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview HD Smart WiFi 3D LED TV - Silver

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361850030728

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Del007 wrote: »
    This looks like a seriously good price

Hisense 55K390 55 Inch Full HD 1080p Freeview HD Smart WiFi 3D LED TV - Silver

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361850030728

No its not

The 49" inch 4K Hisense is £20 cheaper on Amazon. For the sake of a few inches for 4K HDR, actual usable smart apps like youtube and netflix, and not having to mess about with parcel motel or whatever, as opposed to delivery to your door, go with Amazon.

Tinie wrote: »
    No its not

The 49" inch 4K Hisense is £20 cheaper on Amazon. For the sake of a few inches for 4K HDR, actual usable smart apps like youtube and netflix, and not having to mess about with parcel motel or whatever, as opposed to delivery to your door, go with Amazon.

You're right, I thought it was 4K, my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

I've had 49" for over 3 months now.
    It's pretty excellent in every facet except the satellite free to air episode guide is crap. Doesn't update reliably. If it was my primary TV it would drive me nuts.
    So just be aware if you don't have sky box etc, the episode guide is not a patch on a freesat enabled TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Probably been mentioned before but what are the two HD ports on the back for? They don't seem to work with ordinary HD appliances.

• Advertisement

Marhay70 wrote:
    Probably been mentioned before but what are the two HD ports on the back for? They don't seem to work with ordinary HD appliances.

Are they the UHD 4K ports ....didnt realise they wouldn't work with standard HD

There are 4 HD ports on the back of the 43"
    2 are for 60hz. I have plugged my Horizon box and my Firestick into them but its not much use as there is no 4k content coming through either

Marhay70 wrote: »

They work on mine. Hdmi 3 and 4 are the 60hz ones, 1 and 2 are only 30hz.(up to as eir would say)

There are 4 HD ports on the back of the 43"
    2 are for 60hz. I have plugged my Horizon box and my Firestick into them but its not much use as there is no 4k content coming through either

Just to be clear, there are 4 ports on the back of the set, two are to the left side as you look at the screen and two are at the back. It is these latter two that don't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Just to be clear, there are 4 ports on the back of the set, two are to the left side as you look at the screen and two are at the back. It is these latter two that don't work.

The two at the very back facing the wall essentially are working for me with Virgin Media Horizon box

• Advertisement

The 2 at the back, #'s 3 and 4 are working for me with the Horizon box and firestick as I said coming through them.
    Haven't tried the other 2

Sounds like you got a dud. Get on to amazon.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Sounds like you got a dud. Get on to amazon.

Yeah, could be, I'm getting a new satellite box today I'll try that and see. Everything else works perfectly so it would be a pity to have to send it back but I updated to the latest firmware so there's unlikely to be an OTA fix. Threw out the box too:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

Might not be your issue but I couldn't run full screen applications on my 40" at 1080p from my windows machine. The desktop would work at 1080p but once I launched an application like a game at 1080p I got a black screen. I figured out that 1980 x 1200 worked, as did 1440P, and 4k. Might not be your issue but it baffled me at first.

I've arranged to send it back, the new HD satellite box arrived and didn't work in those HD ports either. Another problem has been the picture shimmering, particularly if there was writing on the screen. I thought at first that this was a problem with the old satellite box as it had become temperamental but it's happening with the new one too.
    I only hope that return will be free as there seems to be some doubt about that in the correspondence I received from Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭benji2006

How do I switch between satellite and aerial using the remote?

click OK on the remote press left on the list of stations , at the top you will see list click on it you will see satellite and aerial and any favs stations you have saved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Couple of issues folks might be able to offer advice on here.

1. On setting up the TV (50M3300), there was no option for Ireland whatsoever in the country selection, so had to select the UK - anyone else experienced that?

2. Cannot for the life of me find an internet browser anywhere - can folks point me to where it's located? The seem to be 200+ apps in the app store, but I'm not seeing Plex, BBCiPlayer or Amazon anywhere in there.

S/W version is V00.01.00a.G0901

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Yamanoto wrote: »

1. On setting up the TV (50M3300), there was no option for Ireland whatsoever in the country selection, so had to select the UK - anyone else experienced that?

2. Cannot for the life of me find an internet browser anywhere - can folks point me to where it's located? The seem to be 200+ apps in the app store, but I'm not seeing Plex, BBCiPlayer or Amazon anywhere in there.

Yeah, I selected France just so it would automatically download the HDR update but it shouldn't make a difference. Haven't messed with the app store myself, planning that for tomorrow

Yamanoto wrote: »

Ireland isn't a supported region. Hisense is sold in the eastern European markets and the UK etc.

Press the button that looks like a house and scroll right. iPlayer and Amazon are "premium" apps, meaning they're just preinstalled

• Advertisement
Advertisement