Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hisense 43" 4k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Plex is about 20 apps to the right of BBC iPlayer.
    And there is no Ireland option at the moment. Maybe if we all spammed hisense, they'd add an Ireland option. Every other country seems to be there

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭benji2006

robbie67 wrote: »
    click OK on the remote press left on the list of stations , at the top you will see list click on it you will see satellite and aerial and any favs stations you have saved

thanks for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Lads/Ladies

I'm half tempted by this at the moment. my 11 year old aldi TV us becoming a bit outdated. At a cost of ownership of 81 euro a year it has done me well over 11 years it has done me well at this stage :)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5656253/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7C19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419667%7CSmart+TV%27s%7C27827574.htm

I know i could get it cheaper elsewhere but i can rock in and pick this up today and have it for xmas. The one thing i dont see mentioned is warranty. Does anyone know what warranty Hisense provides?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

One more question...i stream a lot of stuff at 720p due to my crap 3mb wireless broadband. Whats 720p like on these is it very bad to watch?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

dashoonage wrote: »
    )

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5656253/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+entertainment+and+sat+nav%7C14419512/c_2/3%7C19780832%7CTelevisions%7C14419667/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419667%7CSmart+TV%27s%7C27827574.htm

I know i could get it cheaper elsewhere but i can rock in and pick this up today and have it for xmas. The one thing i dont see mentioned is warranty. Does anyone know what warranty Hisense provides?

it seems to be out of stock everywhere....you'd get it much much cheaper next week during the sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

I got the same model from Amazon for about 50 quid less but as you say you want it for Xmas then get it from argos. I'm happy with the picture quality and do stream a lot sports/movies. It's very good for movies however I am struggling a bit with jumpiness on the sports. If it's 720 it should be ok (a lot of what I watch is hd) but any less is gonna look awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Has someone posted the best settings for the 40" model? Had a quick look through the thread but couldn't see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I tried the settings someone posted and the reds looked pink and the greens were luminous for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Just got a notification from CamelCamelCamel that the 49" is down to £369 new. 50" is £379.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

After a couple of weeks of ownership the only part I don't like is the TVs guide.
    It's terrible. Also the length of time it takes to switch channels is annoying.
    Other then that, loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

Are these the best settings for the H43M3000? https://www.avforums.com/threads/hisense-55-m3300.2028817/page-6#post-23959451

If not, what are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

still don't know whether to buy this or go for a more established make in a shop during the sales

Important Question...the majority of channels i have are in SD what does SD look like on this set...washed out????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

tonic wine wrote: »
    After a couple of weeks of ownership the only part I don't like is the TVs guide.
    It's terrible. Also the length of time it takes to switch channels is annoying.
    Other then that, loving it.

Which size/model? Do they all have this same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Captain Don Thorpe

What code did you folks use to pair your sky remote with this TV? I have a knock off, rev 9 remote and none of the listed numbers are working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

Try 2429

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,066 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Have searched and searched and still can't find the correct settings for the 40 inch model (H40M3300) - can someone point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Garrigai wrote: »

One is 4k Ultra HD and the other just 1080p, i.e. the dearer one is future-proofed for a while and the cheaper one isn't?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

pm1977x wrote: »
    One is 4k Ultra HD and the other just 1080p, i.e. the dearer one is future-proofed for a while and the cheaper one isn't?

Thank you. I'm clueless. I read just there that there's not much point getting 4K on a 40". Any thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wouldn't worry about regular HD becoming obsolete just yet. Future-proof makes it sound like analogue vs digital or b&w vs colour :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about regular HD becoming obsolete just yet. Future-proof makes it sound like analogue vs digital or b&w vs colour :)

Ah yes, I worded that badly - I just mean 4k is going to be around for the next while, regarding 4k at 40" and seeing the difference it's unlikely...but it's a fierce and confusing debate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

Ah yes, I worded that badly - I just mean 4k is going to be around for the next while, regarding 4k at 40" and seeing the difference it's unlikely...but it's a fierce and confusing debate.

Not until 8k comes around :)

regarding 4k at 40" and seeing the difference it's unlikely...but it's a fierce and confusing debate.

are you kidding me?

put a 40" HD and a 40" 4k side by side showing the same picture and the difference is clear, 4k is far sharper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

pm1977x wrote:

Depending on how close you are to the TV. There is not a lot of 4k programs yet but with the 4k set you get up scaling. I can't say how good this is on other tvs but on my Sony the upscale is stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'm looking for a 40-43" TV, primarily for gaming (PS4) and Netflix. I've skimmed the thread but couldn't find any reference to the Hisense performance for PS4 - can anyone shed some light?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭jeromeof

philstar wrote: »
    are you kidding me?

put a 40" HD and a 40" 4k side by side showing the same picture and the difference is clear, 4k is far sharper

Unless you have crazy good eyesight you only see the difference if you sit less than 5 feet away from the TV. This Chart is a good indication of the relative merits of TV Size / Distance / 1080P or 4K.

http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html

Standing in front of 4K TV in Powercity they look amazing and you can really see the difference, but once you take it home and sit the usually 8-10 feet away you won't see the pixels. Most people don't even see 1080p (Sky HD was always just 1080i) so yes it might be future proof and probably worth a little extra but I wouldn't get fixiated with 4K TV's yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Here has anybody ever seen a new model of the Hisense 43inch for less than £349 ?

Please exclude Amazon Warehouse if replying

Any responses appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

whiz wrote: »
    Here has anybody ever seen a new model of the Hisense 43inch for less than £349 ?

Please exclude Amazon Warehouse if replying

Any responses appreciated

The lowest it's been was £277.07 last June.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Hisense-43-Widescreen-Smart-Freeview/product/B01E6GS0PA

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭whiz

Thanks for that response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

I'm looking at getting a 2nd TV from Amazon (bought this 43" before xmas via the Warehouse with no delivery charges to Dublin and very little change to the price at checckout).
    But a 40" Hisense HD Smart TV for £243 is jumping to nearly £290 on checkout and telling me it won't deliver to Dublin.

What's happening here?

• Advertisement

jay0109 wrote: »
    I'm looking at getting a 2nd TV from Amazon (bought this 43" before xmas via the Warehouse with no delivery charges to Dublin and very little change to the price at checckout).
    But a 40" Hisense HD Smart TV for £243 is jumping to nearly £290 on checkout and telling me it won't deliver to Dublin.

What's happening here?

Is it through Amazon or a seller? I would say that's what is probably happening in this case

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'm looking for a 40-43" TV, primarily for gaming (PS4) and Netflix. I've skimmed the thread but couldn't find any reference to the Hisense performance for PS4 - can anyone shed some light?

I have the 50" set up on one of the UHD ports and it looks very good. I'm coming from a Panasonic Viera HD which I specifically bought for gaming a few years ago and it's on a level if not a bit superior to that. I don't have a ps4 pro so can't comment on that aspect of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

duffman13 wrote: »
    Is it through Amazon or a seller? I would say that's what is probably happening in this case

All through Amazon.
    Anyways, it's gone now and won't be back in stock for a week or so

jay0109 wrote: »

What's happening here?

same thing happened to me a week back:confused:

i know there's an extra 3% irish vat slapped on, doesn't explain an increase of nearly 50 quid....are they hoodwinking us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Has anyone compared these to a good quality 1080p TV?

The wife wants to get a TV for the kitchen so I'm thinking I might go for the 49" and move the sitting room TV (Sony 46HX853 - top of the line 4 years ago I think) into the kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭cletus

The 50" replaced a 32" Sony Bravia (about 7 years old) and I would say subjectively that the picture is noticibly better. At least, I'm much happier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

duffman13 wrote: »
    I have the 50" set up on one of the UHD ports and it looks very good. I'm coming from a Panasonic Viera HD which I specifically bought for gaming a few years ago and it's on a level if not a bit superior to that. I don't have a ps4 pro so can't comment on that aspect of it

Cool, thanks. I'm really not up to speed with the latest TV/gaming tech, but I understand some TVs can look very visuallygood for gaming but have input lag issues - no problems in that regard I take it?

I'm using a standard PS4 and not a Pro too, so no worries there.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Cool, thanks. I'm really not up to speed with the latest TV/gaming tech, but I understand some TVs can look very visuallygood for gaming but have input lag issues - no problems in that regard I take it?

I'm using a standard PS4 and not a Pro too, so no worries there.

No problem for me and not something I've noticed. I came from a tv with zero lag and haven't noticed any difference now with the Hisense. There may be some lag but if there is, it's not noticeable to me at all. What tv are you gaming on at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Has anyone got the anyview cast to work ? If so what app were u using ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Inbuilt cast from android lollipop 5.x.x works...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

cavan4sam wrote: »

Is there anyway to get it to work with an ipad or macbook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

On this tv on Amazon there is a 49" and a 50" option- anyone any idea what the catch is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I was thinking of upgrading my netflix subscription to the 4k version to use on this, does the native app support 4k does anyone know or would I need a firestick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

I was thinking of upgrading my netflix subscription to the 4k version to use on this, does the native app support 4k does anyone know or would I need a firestick?
    I upgraded mine, the native app supports 4K, but not HDR.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

My Hisense got an update today. Only differences I noticed was the EPG is slightly different, and YouTube now can be controlled ala casting via smartphone like Chromecast. Any other changes I missed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

ibFoxer wrote:
    On this tv on Amazon there is a 49" and a 50" option- anyone any idea what the catch is?

Can anyone answer this.. considering the 49" myself atm..

looks like this offer has finished, price back up to £449 for 43"

should have bought one before xmas...thought they would have had a january sale..doesn't look likely now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

philstar wrote: »
    looks like this offer has finished, price back up to £449 for 43"

should have bought one before xmas...thought they would have had a january sale..doesn't look likely now :(

It's now pricier than the 49" & 50"

It'll revise downward soon enough when they see they're shifting far fewer units at £449

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Tinie wrote: »
    My Hisense got an update today. Only differences I noticed was the EPG is slightly different, and YouTube now can be controlled ala casting via smartphone like Chromecast. Any other changes I missed ?

It said something about freeview play but don't have freeview so no use to me, good for those around the border counties

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

• Advertisement
Advertisement