Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hisense 43" 4k

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

49" now £349 on Amazon with free delivery to Ireland lowest price ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Having recently bought a Sharp tv in Tesco, which turned out to be total sh1t, I am now looking to buy a 40ish" tv and just would like some advice on brands etc. Is the Hisense brand good? I thought that Sharp would be decent but it really is terrible, although I only paid €219 for a 32", as it was all the money I had at the time, it was an awful purchase. Picture quality is dire, sound quality is even worse.... yeah I know you get what you pay for! Some help would be appreciated.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

It's by far the best budget TV that I know of. Go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

How do people get these delivered? How much would it cost for the 49 inch?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

cronos wrote: »

As per previous post delivery is free to Ireland if you're a prime member, not sure otherwise maybe someone can confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Free delivery and An Post delivered it my door.

Free delivery and An Post delivered it my door.

Are you prime? Did you have to take a day off or something to take the delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Are you prime? Did you have to take a day off or something to take the delivery?

No not a Prime member and it came as normal parcel delivery would if I missed it would have been in the local depot to pick up but I happened to be home that morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Not a prime member, got mine delivered for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

is this still a good deal? is it only avaialble on amazon or are argos doing a special offer?

Is this able to run the Smart IPTV app?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

neacy69 wrote: »
    is this still a good deal? is it only avaialble on amazon or are argos doing a special offer?

Is this able to run the Smart IPTV app?

A friend picked mine up in Argos last year when they were doing the 43" for only £229.00, the Smart IPTV app is built in and works fine.

this seems like a decent deal too??

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=5288906&authToken=

Philips 49PUS6401 49 Inch SMART 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR €529
    Vith Android TV so access to android apps like kodi etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

this seems like a decent deal too??

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=5288906&authToken=

Philips 49PUS6401 49 Inch SMART 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR €529
    Vith Android TV so access to android apps like kodi etc

€448.00 approximately if picking it up in Newry works for you.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    €448.00 approximately if picking it up in Newry works for you.

Some difference wit fx rates.... Is it worth buying though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Some difference wit fx rates.... Is it worth buying though?

Merits of it discussed below.

I've a family member who's got the Hisense though & it's a terrific TV.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/philips-49pus6401-49-inch-smart-ambilight-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-hdr-389-argos-2700476#comments

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Merits of it discussed below.

I've a family member who's got the Hisense though & it's a terrific TV.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/philips-49pus6401-49-inch-smart-ambilight-4k-ultra-hd-tv-with-hdr-389-argos-2700476#comments

getting some heat and good reports overall....dammit its out of stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

Xenji wrote:
    A friend picked mine up in Argos last year when they were doing the 43" for only £229.00, the Smart IPTV app is built in and works fine.

Does it work for a paid IPTV service or any link to how it works ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Does it work for a paid IPTV service or any link to how it works ?

It works alright, give me a pm if you want more info. The app is called Smart IPTV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone have any backlight issues with these??

mine has failed after just 3 months :( (although it was a warehouse deal)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

fryup wrote: »

Mines still going strong a year later and was also a warehouse deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Funky_Corsa

fryup wrote: »

Yip, mine went after 2 weeks. Turned it off and back on again then i heard a huge bang and a smell of burning. Got it replaced but the replacement turned up smashed. Just asked for a refund at that stage which took almost a month to get back.

Hisense customer service was an absolute joke. They took a week to ring me back by which stage Amazon has already sent out a replacement.

Doubt i would ever buy a Hisense product again.

Mine is grand after a year or so, but it was got over in London when Argos were doing them dirt cheap when they first came out.

Xenji wrote: »
    Mine is grand after a year or so, but it was got over in London when Argos were doing them dirt cheap when they first came out.
    Argos sold this model of Hisense?

Tinie wrote: »

Not sure if they did here, but they had them in the UK, the M3000 model and a few others, they are selling the updated H43N5300 version currently,

Not sure if they did here, but they had them in the UK, the M3000 model and a few others, they are selling the updated H43N5300 version currently,
    Ah yeah seems they were selling for the same price as Amazon at the time, £299.

Ah yeah seems they were selling for the same price as Amazon at the time, £299.

Got mine for about £249.00, they were selling them cheaper for the first couple of weeks they had them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Got mine for about £249.00, they were selling them cheaper for the first couple of weeks they had them.

The offer price was 299, your mistaken, I know because I got one. Amazon price matched it then. Hence why some here got mega deals from the warehouse for close to £200.

But anyway, to the op with the backlight issue, get into Amazon chat since it's a warehouse deal. They'll refund like 30% to get it fixed or give a full refund if you send it back , no qualms.

Does anyone know why my TV turns itself on sometimes? I'm not sure what it's doing but the red standby light will be on, then it goes blue and starts flashing for a few seconds before going back to red. The actual screen never comes on though.

I wouldn't notice it but for the LED strip I have plugged into the USB port. When the TV turns itself on for a few seconds it sends power to the LEDs and they come on too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

any other equipment that could interfere with it close by?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭ReZonator

I have the 40 inch and haven't noticed this happening. I wonder if it has anything to do with the CEC function, which can be turned off. It allows HDMI devices to control each other. Maybe Ethernet could cause it to wake, just guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Oat23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why my TV turns itself on sometimes? I'm not sure what it's doing but the red standby light will be on, then it goes blue and starts flashing for a few seconds before going back to red. The actual screen never comes on though.

I wouldn't notice it but for the LED strip I have plugged into the USB port. When the TV turns itself on for a few seconds it sends power to the LEDs and they come on too.

I've a led strip plugged into the socket beside my Hisense TV and they must use the same signal. Amy time I use the remote for the TV the led strip would change colour.

Skerries wrote: »
    any other equipment that could interfere with it close by?

Don't think so. It's not a major issue just something strange I noticed.
    ReZonator wrote: »
    I have the 40 inch and haven't noticed this happening. I wonder if it has anything to do with the CEC function, which can be turned off. It allows HDMI devices to control each other. Maybe Ethernet could cause it to wake, just guessing.

Have CEC disabled on mine as well as no ethernet or wifi as I use my shield tv for everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Anyone having problems with the Netflix app ?

Mine was working perfectly up to about a week ago.
    When we try to watch a show it takes forever to reach 15/20% and then says that the program is not available.

If I turn the TV off and on again it sometimes fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

will56 wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with the Netflix app ?

Mine was working perfectly up to about a week ago.
    When we try to watch a show it takes forever to reach 15/20% and then says that the program is not available.

If I turn the TV off and on again it sometimes fix it

Could it be your connection? Are you using a cable or wireless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Could it be your connection? Are you using a cable or wireless?

Definitely not the connection, its wired directly to the router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Any 49-50inch versions of these about? Richer sounds are sold out.... Amazon won't have it for two months. Delivery from argos in UK will be pain in the hole..... And I don't know what their warranty is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Any 49-50inch versions of these about? Richer sounds are sold out.... Amazon won't have it for two months. Delivery from argos in UK will be pain in the hole..... And I don't know what their warranty is

£426 from the warehouse, should be 20% off that too

• Advertisement

Some decent deals around for Hisense TVs now and I'm guessing there will be more over the next 7-10 days if anyone is looking. Coming up on a year with mine and it's still going strong. Need another TV actually so unless I can find a good OLED deal I'll get another Hisense!

50in (€469) http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7392292.htm

49in (£369/€415 delivered) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-H495500UK-49inch-UHD-Smart/dp/B074848TJH/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510826855&sr=8-3&keywords=hisense%2B4k&th=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is Hisense a decent brand?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Some decent deals around for Hisense TVs now and I'm guessing there will be more over the next 7-10 days if anyone is looking. Coming up on a year with mine and it's still going strong. Need another TV actually so unless I can find a good OLED deal I'll get another Hisense!

49in (£369/€415 delivered) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hisense-H495500UK-49inch-UHD-Smart/dp/B074848TJH/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510826855&sr=8-3&keywords=hisense%2B4k&th=1
    What model have u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

lawred2 wrote: »
    Is Hisense a decent brand?

yeah they are one of those brands that are not as well known but do good products such as Xiaomi or Anker

No HDR on this...just pointing it out in case you missed it...If its not important to you then perfect price

No HDR on these...just pointing it out in case you missed it...If its not important to you then perfect price

The one on amazon does appear to have HDR, but I could be wrong.

The one on amazon does appear to have HDR, but I could be wrong.

Sorry only the 50" you linked is without HDR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

The £369 one was £359 a few days ago, but only for a day. Thought it might go lower, but seems a great deal even if it doesn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ha ha, have to laugh all all this HDR chat, I'm big into my TV's and HDR at this screen size is not noticeable, I have a 65" and with HDR enabled there is just about a difference.
    Don't let HDR impact your decision making at this price range

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

How can you find out which Hisence models have the smart IPTV app?
    My hisense M7000 does, but my mate has a hisense TV and the app is not available in the apps store?

• Advertisement
Advertisement