Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep getting texts about bill but don't have an Eir account

Options
  • 24-10-2016 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Can someone please reach out to me by Pm and contact me. I do not have an Eir account and keep getting messages about bills, I need them to stop. Please pm me and I'll give you a contact number to call me on.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hello,

Can someone please reach out to me by Pm and contact me. I do not have an Eir account and keep getting messages about bills,  I need them to stop. Please pm me and I'll give you a contact number to call me on.

Thanks
    Hi billybonkers,

I have sent you a PM.

-Pamela 

Having the same issue, been in contact multiple times and being told not to worry it is sorted. Now getting emails, texts, calls and letters from aFS in relation to an Eir debt even though my account is closed and according to multiple calls with Eir, there is nothing owed. What is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Having the same issue, been in contact multiple times and being told not to worry it is sorted. Now getting emails, texts, calls and letters from aFS in relation to an Eir debt even though my account is closed and according to multiple calls with Eir, there is nothing owed. What is going on?
    Yeah I am the same, its a bit ridiculous to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi Darko,

thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this. I can appreciate how frustrating this can be. Please feel free to PM your old account number & I can look into this. 

Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

Hi Darko,

thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear this. I can appreciate how frustrating this can be. Please feel free to PM your old account number & I can look into this. 

Stacey
    Stacey, things like this are more than just "frustrating", he's getting calls from a debt collector! For a debt he never had but Eir have racked up on him in error. This is stressful at best and could affect his credit rating.

Darko, I had similar problems with Eir. I cancelled my contract within my 14 day cooling off period and despite that I kept getting text and emails and bills that were getting bigger. I eventually wrote a letter of complaint to their head office because multiple phone calls, twitter conversations and facebook messages were going around in circles. I registered the letter and demanded a letter from them declaring that not only didn't I owe them anything, but that I never did and also guaranteeing that my debt not be sold to a debt collector. This is exactly why I went the root of an official complaint. There's too many similar stories online, even on their own forums, of phantom debts being sold to debt collectors.

And as if to emphasise the awful customer service I had to endure during 3 and half months of dealing with these imbeciles, in that 1 page letter they referred to be as both Mr and Ms in 2 different areas. They had also made other mistakes so when I requested that an amended letter be sent and emphasised I am a male, the new letter referred to me as Ms in every occasion. 

This company is a parasite.

• Advertisement

Hi Darko,

Stacey
    Any update on this? sent a pm to one of your colleagues earlier today aswell as yourself and still no reply from either. It's beyond a joke and not something I want to be dealing with given that Eir, both on the phone and in PMs here have told me everything is fine with account and that nothing is owed.

Hi Darko,

Stacey
    Any update on this? sent a pm to one of your colleagues earlier today aswell as yourself and still no reply from either. It's beyond a joke and not something I want to be dealing with given that Eir, both on the phone and in PMs here have told me everything is fine with account and that nothing is owed.
    Hi Darko,

I'm afraid I haven't received your PM in relation to this. Can you try sending this again? I will confirm with you via PM one I've received this. 

Stacey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

Same issue...never had an eir account and getting my second text message about my direct debit due to be deducted from my account in a few days ... there is none and never was a direct debit, but i had to waste time and check.

What do he guys do? Make every irish mobile phone nunber an automatic customer and require your non-customers to spend time sharing valuable personal details that no doubt will be sold on just so they can be removed?

I think there are serious data protection issues at play here!

I wonder if I sent out electronic invoices to half the country with implied down the road bad-debt implications would people be happy spending their time listening to call centre music and eventually sharing their name and address and mobile number with me to clear up the issue? 

Is it the brainchild of some ingenius marketeer? 

Very convienient that there is no reply or "stop" possibility on the texts! 

Consider ComReg involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Consider ComReg involved!

I wouldn't entertain this kind of behaviour at all, sounds like going directly to eir is waste of time, I'd be straight to comreg

Had to send multiple pms to Eir to get this sorted and on Friday they sent me a message on Friday saying "[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for this information. I've looked into this & I can see the account balance is €0.00. I escalated this to the back office to recall this from the third party & I've just received confirmation that this has been recalled. I do apologsie for this error & any distress this has caused however you should receive no further correspondence in relation to this account. - Stacey"[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]So one would expect this to be the end of the matter only in typical Eir fashion I have received numerous calls and texts this morning from aFS. Well done Eir, once again you let yourself down. [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Have not received a response from Eir either on this. I will be contacting ComReg and the data protection commissioner. I do not wan my personal details on Eir's systems for any reason and do no wish to be contacted by them again

Have not received a response from Eir either on this. I will be contacting ComReg and the data protection commissioner. I do not wan my personal details on Eir's systems for any reason and do no wish to be contacted by them again
    Hi billbonkers,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please feel free to PM me your details here & I can look into this. 

Stacey

Can someone at Eir please get this sorted, I am still receiving calls from aFS and it is beyond a joke. Eir have repeatedly refused to answer questions I have asked them in pms and also try to imply that they are doing me a favour by saying that [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"[/font][font=verdana, geneva, lucida, "lucida grande", arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have arranged for this to be fully waived" even after they admit that the balance on my acc was 0.00. How can that be waived, there is nothing to waive [/font]

Can someone at Eir please get this sorted, I am still receiving calls from aFS and it is beyond a joke. Eir have repeatedly refused to answer questions I have asked them in pms and also try to imply that they are doing me a favour by saying that [font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]"[/font][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I have arranged for this to be fully waived" even after they admit that the balance on my acc was 0.00. How can that be waived, there is nothing to waive [/font]
    I'm sorry you feel this way Darko. I have responded to your PM on this. Stacey

Can someone at Eir please get this sorted, I am still receiving calls from aFS and it is beyond a joke. Eir have repeatedly refused to answer questions I have asked them in pms and also try to imply that they are doing me a favour by saying that [font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]"[/font][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I have arranged for this to be fully waived" even after they admit that the balance on my acc was 0.00. How can that be waived, there is nothing to waive [/font]
    I just want to know why you transferred my details to a third party

I understand. I have addressed this via PM's. If you wish to query this further I would suggest to contact the billing team directly on 1800503303 (Opt 3) & they can run through this in further detail. Apologies again.

- Stacey

I understand. I have addressed this via PM's. If you wish to query this further I would suggest to contact the billing team directly on 1800503303 (Opt 3) & they can run through this in further detail. Apologies again.

- Stacey
    You have not addressed it, you have implied that you are doing me a huge favour by asking the debt collection agency not to pursue me for the amount of 0.00. Why did Eir transfer  my details to a third party when no debt was owed? There are hundreds if not thousands of people who have had similar happen when no debt is owed? Why is this, are Eir hoping to scare people into paying debts that they do not owe?  

- Stacey
    You have not addressed it, you have implied that you are doing me a huge favour by asking the debt collection agency not to pursue me for the amount of 0.00. Why did Eir transfer  my details to a third party when no debt was owed? There are hundreds if not thousands of people who have had similar happen when no debt is owed? Why is this, are Eir hoping to scare people into paying debts that they do not owe?  
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If an account is left with a balance owed when closed this balance will be transferred to a debt collection agency. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]In your case this balance should have been removed after the account was closed, unfortunately it was not. This has now been done & we have requested to have this balance recalled.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the inconvenience caused.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

What about data protection laws? Surely it it's not okay for w company to pass on customers personal information when there is no debt there? How many older people will have gotten bombarded by aFS and gone ahead and paid what they are told is owed, when is clear from boards and other sites that Sir have a habit of passing on into to debt collectors for customers like myself. Can I ask what exactly that wanted me to pay, I was quoted two figures, one for almost three thousand euro by aFS. Are they plucking those figures out of the air!

What about data protection laws? Surely it it's not okay for w company to pass on customers personal information when there is no debt there? How many older people will have gotten bombarded by aFS and gone ahead and paid what they are told is owed, when is clear from boards and other sites that Sir have a habit of passing on into to debt collectors for customers like myself. Can I ask what exactly that wanted me to pay, I was quoted two figures, one for almost three thousand euro by aFS. Are they plucking those figures out of the air!

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can assure you this is fully compliant with data protection laws [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can post you the bill that will reflect this if you wish?[/font]

• Advertisement

Still getting texts, calls and now letters demanding immediate payment. Also threats of my credit score being severely affected. Thought this was sorted last Friday?

Still getting texts, calls and now letters demanding immediate payment. Also threats of my credit score being severely affected. Thought this was sorted last Friday?

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can assure you this will not affect your credit rating. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It takes 5-10 working days to update this information Deleted User & if you receive a letter in the meantime you can ignore this as they are automated. I advised you of this timeframe in the PM I sent you this morning, feel free to PM me should you have any further queries. [/font]

I can assure you this will not affect your credit rating. It takes 5-10 working days to update this information

& if you receive a letter in the meantime you can ignore this as they are automated. I advised you of this timeframe in the PM I sent you this morning, feel free to PM me should you have any further queries. Thanks, Pamela

Hey there, I was told previously that it would stop immediately, then that it would be 3 working days and now it's 5-10 working days so forgive me if I have little faith in anything Eir tells me.

I'm aware that it will not affect my credit rating but want to know why someone is calling on behalf of Sir and making the threat in the first place. I understand that mistakes happen but it's clear that the details of hundreds of Eir customers have been passed on when no debt is owed. Are accounts in Eir so lax that no one checks these things? I made multiple calls and PMS to Eir about the fact that I kept receiving texts about bills even after my account was closed with a balance of 0 euro, and each time was told there was nothing to worry about. How many older people have received similar threats and just paid up? Was it not Eir who not too long ago were fined for over charging people and many of those over charged had their details passed on to debt collection agencies?

Originally posted by Eir: Pamela
    I can assure you this will not affect your credit rating. It takes 5-10 working days to update this information

& if you receive a letter in the meantime you can ignore this as they are automated. I advised you of this timeframe in the PM I sent you this morning, feel free to PM me should you have any further queries. Thanks, Pamela

Hey there, I was told previously that it would stop immediately, then that it would be 3 working days and now it's 5-10 working days so forgive me if I have little faith in anything Eir tells me.

I'm aware that it will not affect my credit rating but want to know why someone is calling on behalf of Sir and making the threat in the first place. I understand that mistakes happen but it's clear that the details of hundreds of Eir customers have been passed on when no debt is owed. Are accounts in Eir so lax that no one checks these things? I made multiple calls and PMS to Eir about the fact that I kept receiving texts about bills even after my account was closed with a balance of 0 euro, and each time was told there was nothing to worry about. How many older people have received similar threats and just paid up? Was it not Eir who not too long ago were fined for over charging people and many of those over charged had their details passed on to debt collection agencies?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]can you advise who told you this? I will have this addressed with them. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]They contacted you as this balance was passed onto them in error. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand your frustration and sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, I have contacted our credit management team & this is rectified on our side & should be reflecting on their side soon. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]- Pamela [/font]

Still getting emails and texts about bills, another for the month of November. At least it would appear that aFS are no longer contacting me multiple times each day, just the once this week so far. So can one of the Eir reps sort this out and why am I still being billed?

Still getting emails and texts about bills, another for the month of November. At least it would appear that aFS are no longer contacting me multiple times each day, just the once this week so far. So can one of the Eir reps sort this out and why am I still being billed?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have removed all your details from your account [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]so you should no longer receive communication in relation to this. Was it an e-mail or text you received?[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have removed all your details from your account [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]so you should no longer receive communication in relation to this. Was it an e-mail or text you received?[/font]

I received both forms of communication. Why are Eir billing me when the account has been closed for months?

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Real Psycrow

I received both forms of communication. Why are Eir billing me when the account has been closed for months?
    Are you being billed 0 amounts? If not, I'd be wary of your contact details being removed, bills could be rising every month without your knowledge. When I had similar problems with Eir I insisted my mobile number that the texts were coming into was left on the account.

Are you being billed 0 amounts? If not, I'd be wary of your contact details being removed, bills could be rising every month without your knowledge. When I had similar problems with Eir I insisted my mobile number that the texts were coming into was left on the account.
    Not 0 amounts but figures such as 65.17 and the like. Eir have been beyond useless in helping find a solution and just tell me there is no account. Have raised the issues you did and was told that it would be sorted

• Advertisement

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you advise the time date & method of communication [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Deleted User [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& I will follow this up. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have removed your mobile number & address from this account so you should not have received anything recently. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement