Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newegg question

Options
  • 24-10-2016 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi. I am building up my pc, found newegg.com/global/ie and there is cheeper. So if i will order like 2 ittems, i will not pay a duty tax? And i was talk to suport they told i will not. But still want to know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You'll have to pay 23% vat if the order total is over €22

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Defl3kt

You'll have to pay 23% vat if the order total is over €22

But why support tells me i dont need to pay? Any Vat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Won't load on my phone.

If it's outside the EU, you'll pay VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Defl3kt

Won't load on my phone.

If it's outside the EU, you'll pay VAT

Very wierd support tells me different thing

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They're telling you that you wont pay "Sales Tax" as its not going to a US state. VAT and Duty will be charged upon import.

FYI Digital the effective limit is €26 as customs won't collect below that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Defl3kt wrote: »
    Very wierd support tells me different thing

To be fair it doesn't matter what support says, you have to pay vat and customs on anything over €22 imported from outside the EU.

So buying from Newegg would end up exactly the same price as buying from the EU, maybe even more expensive, and you have no warranty on most items. Not a great deal!

Advertisement