Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment 2017- the long wait

• 24-10-2016 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30

Hi,

so recently after completing stage 1 of the recruitment process i am looking to get a rough idea on the process dates on wards. With the 5000 people that applied and with them taking 800 or so.

When will the results be released to see if you did well enough to be pushed forward for stage 2.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Results usually come out around 2-3 weeks after the deadline for tests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

byrne221 wrote: »
    Hi,

so recently after completing stage 1 of the recruitment process i am looking to get a rough idea on the process dates on wards. With the 5000 people that applied and with them taking 800 or so.

When will the results be released to see if you did well enough to be pushed forward for stage 2.

Cheers

It's assumed that the results will be released at the end of this week as stage 2 is commencing on the 7th of November. Interviews are scheduled to commence on the 8th of December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30 byrne221

Just received my results for stage 1 and I didn't pass .

I scored as follows

Assessment questionnaire 3600

Verbal compreshion 3755

Abstract reasoning 4035

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

byrne221 wrote: »
    Just received my results for stage 1 and I didn't pass .

I scored as follows

Assessment questionnaire 3600

Verbal compreshion 3755

Abstract reasoning 4035

If at first you don't succeed, Try. Try again

I reckon another campaign will commence maybe next August.

Plenty of Gardai in the force that hadn't succeeded through their first attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for stage 2? I've mine coming up on the 7th of November!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Gnr_Iver

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for stage 2? I've mine coming up on the 7th of November!

Do as many report writing exercises as you can. It'll get you used to the format and structure. There is a lot of marks going for overall structure of the report, so don't neglect it. Legible handwriting also gains you marks, if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

Gnr_Iver wrote: »
    Do as many report writing exercises as you can. It'll get you used to the format and structure. There is a lot of marks going for overall structure of the report, so don't neglect it. Legible handwriting also gains you marks, if I remember correctly.

Thanks a million 😊

Advertisement