Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bespoke Silver Engraving

Options
  • 24-10-2016 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

I want to get a design engraved onto a silver locket - does anybody know or could recommend somewhere to do this?

I have had a search on here through some old posts and have contacted/gone into a few jewelers but I've only found places that engrave pre-designed letters and nothing else.

Any suggestions, greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

http://fast-fix.ie/?page_id=171

Fast Fix have a few stores in Dublin and seem to do what you're looking for.

Haven't used them for that though, only for jewellery cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

http://www.facetjewellers.ie/engraving-s/135.htm

This Jewellers in Dún Laoghaire have one of the best goldsmiths around so I'm sure he could do some silver engraving too, give them a ring

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I had penknives engraved by a guy in the powerscourt shopping centre behind grafton Street. Really fantastic quality and the guy has a very artistic touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Yenwod

http://fast-fix.ie/?page_id=171

Fast Fix have a few stores in Dublin and seem to do what you're looking for.

Haven't used them for that though, only for jewellery cleaning
    Thanks! Interesting too - I dropped into them in Stephens Green a few weeks ago and the guy didn't say a word, just pointed at a sign with letter on them. I asked was that all he did, and he pointed again :rolleyes: haha!

uch and RedXIV, thank you for the suggestions too, will look into both!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Yenwod wrote: »
    Thanks! Interesting too - I dropped into them in Stephens Green a few weeks ago and the guy didn't say a word, just pointed at a sign with letter on them. I asked was that all he did, and he pointed again :rolleyes: haha!

uch and RedXIV, thank you for the suggestions too, will look into both!!

Oh dear! Feck them so, go with the other suggestions :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

RedXIV wrote: »
    I had penknives engraved by a guy in the powerscourt shopping centre behind grafton Street. Really fantastic quality and the guy has a very artistic touch.

Yeah that's Johnny Doyle. I just rang him to ask if he could do what the OP was looking for and he said Yep.

His shop is just beside French Connection on 1st floor of Piwerscourt.

I can send OP his phone by PM if they want.

humberklog wrote: »
    Yeah that's Johnny Doyle. I just rang him to ask if he could do what the OP was looking for and he said Yep.

His shop is just beside French Connection on 1st floor of Piwerscourt.

I can send OP his phone by PM if they want.
    Ah thanks very much, that's very good of you. If you could send on his details, that would be fantastic :-D

In case anyone else searches here for silver engraving, I'd fully recommend the above (Johnnie Doyle) from Powerscourt. Follow the signs for "The Engraver" up on the first floor. I'd a pretty tricky job for him and although he wasn't sure initially how he'd do it, he worked on it and eventually figured out how to do it and did a famtastic job on it. Lovely guy too

Highly recommended.

Advertisement