Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CSO Reporting

• 24-10-2016 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Anyone know is it possible to opt out of the CSO Reports (eg EHECS).
    We have neither the time or the manpower to complete this laborious report.

Also my experience shows that once you compete one- they inundate you with more.

I am in this company almost a year and have just ignored any CRO Report envelopes.
    But they have now emailed a reminder to a director.

I have worked for companies that just ignore all requests- and no repercussions.
    I have also worked for companies that fill out (what feels like) hundreds of reports for them both monthly, quarterly and yearly.

Any experienced opinion out there?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭hjr

I presume you mean CSO reports? CRO is a different beast altogether!!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

Oops! Yes indeed- edited. Thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Pretty sure you can't opt out and there is a legal obligation to complete them.

They will not follow up for ages but will eventually and will even call out unannounced to follow up.

The best way to deal with it is to automate as much as you can through payroll software. Whatever elements you can't automate, estimate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

Thanks. If it stopped at the payroll one I could deal. But when you add in the IT one, Business Energy quarterly, monthly revenues, quarterly stocks.... It all adds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

DivineMsM wrote: »
    Thanks. If it stopped at the payroll one I could deal. But when you add in the IT one, Business Energy quarterly, monthly revenues, quarterly stocks.... It all adds up.

Yeah so don't reinvent the wheel. If I don't have the information to match their categories, that's a case of estimating the break down. There's a research and development return I always estimate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭oxysept

They are a complete pain in the ass. I ignored them in a former company for ages we were being shut down I had bigger issues to focus on but they got very stroppy eventually we did a few and put numbers in the boxes on the others by the time they did any thing with them the site had closed.
    In an other we fell behind I invited them in for a chat and told them exactly what I thought very politely and exactly how we planned to put numbers in the boxes on most reports to make them go away - they couldn't give a damn so neither did I after that and I have a chuckle to myself every time I hear a CSO number reported in the media or by a state inistitution ..... if you saw sausages being made you wouldn't eat them .... well that's what I think of CSO reports

Advertisement