Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced Adult Horse Riding Lessons Near Dublin

Options
  • 24-10-2016 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend some Advanced Adult Horse Riding Lessons Near Dublin.

I'm quite experienced in cross country riding but have done virtually no arena work. I've moved back to Dublin and would love to find somewhere I can go somewhat locally and start proper arena work. I dont mind driving to Kildare, Meath etc to find a good place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob1984

Are you looking or North or South of the city and what are you looking to get out of your lessons - is it just a weekly lesson or do you wish to maybe progress more and in the future loan or buy a horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭fermatstheorem

Hi Bob,

I'm based in Ranelagh so I dont mind going either north or south. Yes I definitely want to improve. Up until August I was riding cross country 3 times a week. Yes plan to buy a horse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

By "arena work" do you mean just flat work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭otwb1

Try Dunbyrne out near Coliog -it's a decent enough drive out though. Pretty much anywhere will give a decent flatwork lesson of you want a private one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Baby_Bear

If you have your own horse try The Stables at Swainstown (you'll find them on Facebook and they have a website) their head coach Conan is excellent (BHS instructor of the year 2013). They sometimes have loan horses or clients wanting to share. Hope you find somewhere you love.

• Advertisement

Yes flat work

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Brennanstown isn't too far (about 30mins without traffic) or Bel Air which is a bit further.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EQR

I might be able to help, I'll PM you OP

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

For years, I used to ride in Killegar stables in Kilternan - only 20 mins or so from Ranelagh.

Or else the Paddocks stables is good too. Its up in Sandyford. I know you want to do flat work but they do some amazing hacks there....fantastic views!

• Advertisement
Advertisement