Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorcyclists and the law,is anyone else sick of them breaking it

• 24-10-2016 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭

I videoed a grown man today motorbiking in the Bus lane and allmost (sic) causing a bad crash as he undertook a car.
    He caused a car to swerve to the right and almost wipe out a cyclist (me) that he pushed out of the way.

I didn't bother pointing out to him as he was a grown man and should know better that the rest of us were abiding by the rules of the road.

Motorcyclist was in good gear and on a good looking bike and wearing a helmet too.

How is it that these motorcyclists think they dont have to abide by the law??

Also what would their attitude be to if they had ploughed into the cyclist and car and put them all in hospital??

399931.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

Motorbikes use bus lanes all the time. The guards dont seem to mind it so not much going to change there.
    Besides its grand. nobody got hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

mrcheez wrote: »
    I videoed a grown man today motorbiking in the Bus lane and allmost (sic) causing a bad crash as he undertook a car.
    He caused a car to swerve to the right and almost wipe out a cyclist (me) that he pushed out of the way.

I didn't bother pointing out to him as he was a grown man and should know better that the rest of us were abiding by the rules of the road.

Motorcyclist was in good gear and on a good looking bike and wearing a helmet too.

Also what would their attitude be to if they had ploughed into the cyclist and car and put them all in hospital??

399931.png

Are you sure this really happened??

Because if the car swerved right,then there is no way he could have wiped you out,as you are on the left in the buslane close to the pathway.:P

Motorcyclist is no where near you,
    Bit of bitterness there me thinks.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If you don't get the point of this thread, you really do need help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Did he break the set of red lights down the road??;):p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Do you have any footage? this still seems to be taken from a video headset.

Perhaps you can show us the footage rather than a still and telling is half a story.

Secondly as indicated to in the other thread you were involved in mode of transport means nothing. Its the individual on it.

Im sure you have been quite in the wrong at some point in your life. No doubt i have too in my car, on my pushbike and on my motorbike.

Human condition were are no infallible.

can we get the video ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

Unmarked gardabike?

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Id say you were more than happy for this to happen today and couldn't wait to post it up considering how much you have defended cyclists in the other thread. Every motorist/cyclist breaks the law at some point. The motorbike/bus lane argument has been argued time and time again. Garda turn a blind eye to it. Like they do with cyclists on footpaths etc ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 WindomEarle

mrcheez wrote: »

I see them speeding all the time with their noisy engines rev-bombing through red lights and their body-hugging leathers and protective overalls. It makes me so sick. I nearly saw one kill my granny one time, so I'm convinced they kill grannies on a regular basis, despite the complete absence of any reporting of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I see them speeding all the time with their noisy engines rev-bombing through red lights and their body-hugging leathers and protective overalls. It makes me so sick. I nearly saw one kill my granny one time, so I'm convinced they kill grannies on a regular basis, despite the complete absence of any reporting of this.

Oh we do, in fact we usually cook and eat them. You don't hear much about it because it's cheaper than old folks' homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

jimgoose wrote: »
    Oh we do, in fact we usually cook and eat them. You don't hear much about it because it's cheaper than old folks' homes.

would you sshhh. cant be letting that out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

I love being in my car and seeing the surge of a motor bike fly up the road in front of me,there's something noble about the good old hog
    I'd love one myself ðŸ˜

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement