Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hampton apts santry cross

Options
  • 24-10-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

My friends daughter is thinking of buying an apartment here,her mother is worried it is not a safe area for a single girl,can anyone shine some light on this,she works in airport and she's thinking of convenience but a lot of money to invest if she's not safe ,not sure of area anymore but I know it has seen a lot of development in recent years,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Marta N

Auds22002 wrote: »
    My friends daughter is thinking of buying an apartment here,her mother is worried it is not a safe area for a single girl,can anyone shine some light on this,she works in airport and she's thinking of convenience but a lot of money to invest if she's not safe ,not sure of area anymore but I know it has seen a lot of development in recent years,thanks

10 years there ,it is not the best idea ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It's Ballymun. I know the apartments and they are not particularly nice tbh. A friend of mine lived in them. Area wise, you could certainly do worse. She might be better off looking around the like of clongriffin in Dub 13. Just as convenient if getting to the airport and better amenities. Not sure of the price difference, but can't imagine it would be much. It's a shame she didn't jump on the New Priory apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I lived there for 7 years OP.

For me they served a purpose as they were cheap to rent (compared to the rest of Dublin) and so allowed me to have my own place?

But for buying, tell her to stay well clear. It's not the worst area but also not so good either, certainly not where I'd want to sent a single woman I cared about.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement