Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best grass seed

Options
  • 24-10-2016 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Howdy,

I was thinking of putting down new lawns that might need less care :-)
    Is there a wonder seed out there that is hardy enough, repels moss and does not need to be cut every other day! Not much to ask? :-)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭blackbox

No

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

Got amenity type grass seed from supplier as they said for a bigger area it would be less work to maintain. Its cut depending on growth and is not every second day and moss hasn't been a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Had you a different grass before that? Did it get moss? I'm just wondering would you not have it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

yfaykya wrote: »
    Had you a different grass before that? Did it get moss? I'm just wondering would you not have it regardless.

It was a field that was grazing horses up to a couple of years back. I don't remember them complaining about moss. In the parts of the garden where the wild seeds re-sprouted the grass gets longer faster. Its probably the same grass that the horses used to graze on and it still does not get much moss. I think the site is not likely to get moss as a problem in the lawn anyway as it is fairly open and well drained. I have moss growing on some rocks about the place and I think it looks nice there.

Advertisement