Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Black Occupied icon on the eCars map

• 24-10-2016 2:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,136 ✭✭✭✭

All
    Anyone know exactly how they have implemented the black car icon that appears on the map when a charger is occupied?

Does it depend on the charger?
    Does it depend on the chargers internal clock?

I've been to 2 FCP's over the last week and I think they have implemented two things:

1) It wont go to occupied until the next 15min interval.
    2) When you plug out it goes to unoccupied in 5min intervals.

I could be wrong on the above as its based on just 2 FCP's that I've used.

I plugged in at 16mins passed the hour and it didnt show up as occupied until 37mins passed the hour. I plugged out at 39mins and it was showing unoccupied when I checked it at 50mins. Not sure exactly when it was cleared on that one.

On another I plugged in at xx:09, it showed occupied at xx:15. Stopped at xx:30 and it showed unoccupied at xx:37 and I was hitting refresh every minute on that one.

From the first example above (xx:16 to xx:37) I was charging and it showed up as unoccupied! Thats practically a full charge session so whatever system they have implemented its not good enough but its a step in the right direction.

As others have said, if they also added the charge start time to the map that would help people to determine how long they might be waiting. There could, of course, be someone else in queue when you get there!

Personally, I dont know why it updates on a time based system. When you start and stop your charge session the charger should send a message to the back office system immediately. What you see on the map should be the latest data and would be right up to date rather than a time based interval thing.

Advertisement