Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera for ~250?

• 24-10-2016 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking to get a camera as a birthday present but I've no idea about cameras/quality/accessories, which is why I'm here! The person I'm looking to get it for is interested in photography but has dropped hints about getting a 'decent' replacement for their canon (don't ask what model!)

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is a bargain alerts sticky in the photography forum. and a "which camera", probably better than this forum which gets little traffic.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=844

You would want to at least know if they are after a pocket sized one or a full on larger lens one, or one that can have their own lenses attached to. And be sure the hints are actual hints. e.g. I once said something which was regarded as a hint and almost got a present of a mediocre hair razor which I would not have been happy with. Luckily I was asked if I might be interested in the item and said no, the razor was a good price for its quality level but I bought myself a professional model instead. I have no idea what a decent camera costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

from a personal point of view not all dslrs fit everyone. E.g when I got by first 1 I had a choice between a canon 1100d and Nikon d3100 as far as I remember. On paper the Nikon was higher spec, but I much prefared the look and feel of the canon. be worth taking them to a store and see what they take a shine to

Advertisement