Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Strava Segments (include links please!)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I could do with a standard 53 on that Naul descent - spinning out on a 50.

Gave it a go today on the group ride in 50x12 and nearly broke my minute mark. 1:02 a new PR but I reckon I can dig out another few seconds, not sure where the end is exactly and I probably eased off a little early.

Hit 62.4kmh going down though and felt great.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Gave it a go today on the group ride in 50x12 and nearly broke my minute mark. 1:02 a new PR but I reckon I can dig out another few seconds, not sure where the end is exactly and I probably eased off a little early.

Hit 62.4kmh going down though and felt great.
    There's a simple knack to getting a good time on that segment. Most people wait until they round the last bend and then put the hammer down. But whoever created the segment began it back at the yellow house on the left with the hedge and telegraph pole beside it. You need to be pushing hard as you pass the hedge and keep it lit as you round the bend. Don't try this on a wet day!

(The segment ends around where the farm machinery place is on the right).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Will bear that in mind next time Im out that way. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Ok I see it now when I'm using the app. Some reason I missed it or it wasn't there when I checked the website earlier. I was with daragh when he done it so I'm not questioning if he has done it or not

You were sitting up the top wondering what was taking me so long.

Advertisement