Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy Toum (Kebab Garlic Sauce)

Options
  • 24-10-2016 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys, I think I slowly falling for toum, the white sauce used in kebab/Shawarma. I think it's based in garlic.

Any of you know where to buy it. I can't cook though, so don't tell me to make it myself, it'll probably taste bad.

Thank you guys :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

My local Supervalu have it. It is always on a promotion stand (that appears to have been supplied by the company near the fridges with prepacked steaks/chicken etc rather than with the other sauces.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you can't find it or just fancy making your own, there's a recipe included in the Doner Kebab recipe thread in the Cooking Club http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057395904

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

+1 for the sauce from the cooking club. It's gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

jtingkir wrote: »
    I can't cook though, so don't tell me to make it myself, it'll probably taste bad.
    If you look at the link you will see its really just mixing rather than any cooking.

I get garlic powder in asian supermarkets, though tesco do it too. Some recpies call for real garlic which could be harsh, and can vary a lot in taste. Or you could buy garlic mayo and use that in the mix.

Decent enough price in tesco http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=256146809

Advertisement