Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western Union limit?

• 24-10-2016 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

I'm due to pick up some cash at at a WU office (post office) tomorrow.
    Does anyone know if there is a limit that can be picked up?
    I can't find any definitive info online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Looks like the restriction is on the sender not the recipient, the sender can send up to €999 within 12 months, after that they need to verify their identification after which they can send you €5000 every 3 days.
    How much can I send online?

If you send online only occasionally, you can send up to 999 EUR within a 12-month period before we ask you to confirm your identity.

If you plan to send money regularly using wu.com, we will need to verify your identity. After that is finished, your send limit will increase to 5,000 EUR within a 3-day period.

https://www.westernunion.com/ie/en/faq-send-money-online.html#Q6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Thanks, I'm still waiting on the cash to be sent, but I'm sure I couldn't just stroll up to my local post office and ask to collect say 5-10k for e.g.

Advertisement