Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Triumph Bobber 2017

• 24-10-2016 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭

I have to say massive fan of what Triumph have put out with the new bobber.
    The styling is just really on point and there is some really nice touches all over it

Take my money

MY17-Bobber-1-fade-LF-e1476927439497.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Nice, soothes the soul after reading through that other thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

jvan wrote: »
    Nice, soothes the soul after reading through that other thread.

Pity its not parked in a cycle lane :P

Beautiful looking bike, although there are some changes I'd make ~ like putting on a larger headlight but aside from that she's a beaut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The riding position seems a bit weird. Is this comfortable?

Triumph1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Looks a bit odd there alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Maybe yer maun is unusually tall? If not, it needs higher bars and the seat set back a bit. Lovely bike, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

They have done a good job on the rear suspension, looks like a hardtail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The Seat itself is very adjustable i think about 2 Inches right up to the tank and back also.

Those images would be from test riding earlier in the year. Id imagine it looks alot different now, a few videos on youtube with first time spins on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'll be very tempted by this next year. Any idea of Irish price yet?

No idea of UK Price yet even :D

Could have swore I saw one of the articles quite £10,500?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Lumen wrote: »
    The riding position seems a bit weird. Is this comfortable?

Triumph1.jpg

This is what happens when you wear the wrong "style" gear on a bike.....top pic looks better..IMO....

This is what happens when you wear the wrong "style" gear on a bike.....top pic looks better..IMO....

The top one only looks better because he isn't reaching to the bars, I bet he'd look the same if he had to hold the grips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Pity you'd have to import it if you want one. Unless you want to deal with Dublin Triumph !! :rolleyes:

CJhaughey wrote: »
    The top one only looks better because he isn't reaching to the bars, I bet he'd look the same if he had to hold the grips.

Nah....ATGATT doesnt work on some bikes....guy looks like a courier..no offence.and i dont know how he can see through that fogged up visor, thats just dangerous.....:)

Nah....ATGATT doesnt work on some bikes....guy looks like a courier..no offence.and i dont know how he can see through that fogged up visor, thats just dangerous.....:)

I dunno, I personally don't give a monkeys what gear looks like as long as I am warm and protected.
    Maybe for younger guys where motorcycles are and expression of who or what they are it might be important but not for me.

Fogged up, its blurred so you can't see his face!

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I dunno, I personally don't give a monkeys what gear looks like as long as I am warm and protected.
    Maybe for younger guys where motorcycles are and expression of who or what they are it might be important but not for me.

Fogged up, its blurred so you can't see his face!

Its fairly obvious someone looks the ****e wearing jeans and a leather jacket on a bike. The first pic looks quality because its meant to, its meant to portray a lifestyle. Yes normal folks day to day will never look like that in all their getup.

Its meant to be aspirational.

Not sure why its a topic point , but yes the lad in the testing gear looks like he is wearing ****e gear like a go kart rental jump suit and looks hunched over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

listermint wrote: »
    Its fairly obvious someone looks the ****e wearing jeans and a leather jacket on a bike. The first pic looks quality because its meant to, its meant to portray a lifestyle. Yes normal folks day to day will never look like that in all their getup.

Not sure why its a topic point , but yes the lad in the testing gear looks like he is wearing ****e gear like a go kart rental jump suit and looks hunched over.

...dunno: Alpinestars boots suggest it may not be LIDL :)

..no, he's just ridden from Galway in the rain, and he's cold, tired & miserable and trying to figure out why he sold his RT1200 with heated seats.... :pac: :pac: :pac:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ...dunno: Alpinestars boots suggest it may not be LIDL :)

..no, he's just ridden from Galway in the rain, and he's cold, tired & miserable and trying to figure out why he sold his RT1200 with heated seats.... :pac: :pac: :pac:

AlpineStars, sure they might aswell sell that in Aldi :eek: :D:D:D

D3V!L wrote: »
    Pity you'd have to import it if you want one. Unless you want to deal with Dublin Triumph !! :rolleyes:

Is the dealership *THAT* bad???

McCallens in NI are a Trumpet dealer, wouldn't be hard to deal with them would it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

Interested to hear more on this. Was planning a trip there next weekend to sit on and potentially get a Tiger 800.

listermint wrote: »

Obviously a test bike..no name,no side panels or mudguard....sh1te gear to make it unremarkable looking...they nailed it..:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

I'll be very tempted by this next year. Any idea of Irish price yet?

Confirmed as €13,800 for this hipster dust

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Nodster wrote: »
    Confirmed as €13,800 for this hipster dust

My thoughts too.

IMO a lovely looking bike, but the hipsters will love it more.

Definitely, but if she's a great bike to ride, I'd still consider it despite the hipster element. Not gonna stop doing and buying what I like just because it's been taken over by the damned hipsters :D

Yes, yes it is and don't just take my biased opinion of them. There's plenty here to give theirise opinion on them.

They lost the Ducati dealership and have failed to tell their customers, I wouldnt buy a bolt off them if I was broken down outside with my bike.

Definitely, but if she's a great bike to ride, I'd still consider it despite the hipster element. Not gonna stop doing and buying what I like just because it's been taken over by the damned hipsters :D

There are no hipsters on bikes here...just guys with beards.....real hipsters build their bikes..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

An amazing launch by all accounts, with a star studded guest list, live band + Bobber drag racing :eek:

https://youtu.be/CBlB1xbiC3c

Would love to have been there, and I know what I'm asking Santa for :)

LordSutch wrote: »
    An amazing launch by all accounts, with a star studded guest list, live band + Bobber drag racing :eek:

https://youtu.be/CBlB1xbiC3c

Would love to have been there, and I know what I'm asking Santa for :)

.... a beard trimmer.....:D

• Advertisement

Does it come with a flannel shirt ?

Advertisement