Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Triumph Bobber 2017

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Agreed, very hipster looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Cienciano wrote: »
    Agreed, very hipster looking.

Dont blame the bike....This hipster thing is just another fad, posing around Starbucks with their beards and straight jeans...doubt if they even know the history of the word....none of them are even black ffs...:rolleyes:
    I like the bike tho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Dont blame the bike....This hipster thing is just another fad, posing around Starbucks with their beards and straight jeans...doubt if they even know the history of the word....none of them are even black ffs...:rolleyes:
    I like the bike tho...
    Modern hipsters very definitely do not drink coffee from Starbucks.

It's nice to look at, but if you google it, the riding position looks ridiculous.

Lumen wrote: »

Sorry Mr.pedantic......ffs...:rolleyes:.......I meant Costa....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Needs ape hangers and the seat moved about 10" back.

Pkiernan wrote: »

..forward controls and a V twin..............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Looks like a cross between a Minimoto and a Hardly Ablesome; a hipster bike is a good call, i'd refer to it as a poseurs bike though, for short arsés :)

I can see where theyre going, but myself if you want a bobber/cafe/scrambler then you build it ... built not bought..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Lumen wrote: »

He's revealed himself ~ boys, we got us a God damned hipster in the forum :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,356 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Definitely a shortarsemobile :pac: my elbows would be nearly hitting my ankles on that contraption.

Scrap the cap!

He's revealed himself ~ boys, we got us a God damned hipster in the forum :mad:

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Pkiernan wrote: »

Ape hangers, you me like this?

[URL=]http://images.mcn.bauercdn.com/PageFiles/592842/720x480/BOBBER_02.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

So the reviews for this came out about two weeks ago and are absolutely glowing.

I'm giving SERIOUS thought to selling my Honda S2000 car (which I simply don't use any more) and putting the cash toward a Bobber which I could use as a daily driver.

My question is, how bad are Triumph Dublin to deal with? And if the answer is bad, then where else in Ireland should one order the Bobber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

So the reviews for this came out about two weeks ago and are absolutely glowing.

I'm giving SERIOUS thought to selling my Honda S2000 car (which I simply don't use any more) and putting the cash toward a Bobber which I could use as a daily driver.

My question is, how bad are Triumph Dublin to deal with? And if the answer is bad, then where else in Ireland should one order the Bobber?

Try going in and seeing for yourself. Personally i think the internet is GREAT!, but at the same time it can through up an echo chamber of just negative experiences. The positive ones are on looking to scream stuff down.

So id go check for myself. I mean its hardly going to waste anything but your time having a word with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I wouldn't give them the steam off my p!ss, sold me a crashed Triumph Rocket and numerous other turkeys until I got sick of giving them the benefit of the doubt and took my money elsewhere.

There's others here who have had problems with bikes going in to be fixed or have parts fitted and coming out worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,782 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Lots of people, including a few of my colleagues, buy their Triumphs from Philip McCallen, seems to give very good service, and they go all the way from Galway.

I see Kennedy's in Louth comes up on Google, and I regularly see Triumphs in Lee Honda in Cork, so you can still get one even if you don't want to deal with the Dublin shop - don't let that be an obstacle.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Can't wait to throw my leg over a Bonneville Bobber at the RDS, sometime in March 2017 . . .

Colors.jpg

LordSutch wrote: »
    Can't wait to throw my leg over a Bonneville Bobber at the RDS, sometime in March 2017 . . .

Colors.jpg

What show is on in March ?

listermint wrote: »
    What show is on in March ?

The Carole Nash Irish Motorbike & Scooter Show 2017.

http://www.beepbeep.ie/news-stories/Carol+Nash+2017+Motorcycle+and+Scooter+Show+RDS+3rd+%E2%80%93+5th+March

• Advertisement

The Carole Nash Irish Motorbike & Scooter Show 2017.

added to calendar

A brand new shiney chromed up bike as a daily driver? Dunk it in a vat of ACF50 first.

The Bobber lands @Triumph (Red Cow Retail Centre), today or tomorrow!

A little razzamatazz and flashing lights, bit of a party apparently.

The Bobber lands @Triumph (Red Cow Retail Centre), today or tomorrow!

A little razzamatazz and flashing lights, bit of a party apparently.

Is there a stand @ RDS bike show next week ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

listermint wrote: »
    added to calendar

25% off tickets online. Valid for any of the three days.

https://www.irishmotorbikeshow.com/ticket-sales-online/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Airliner

Is ther bike parking at the event?

Answered my own question, organisers very quick to respond to a mail I sent.

Yes, bikes can park at the front of the RDS main hall we also have overflow parking across the road (Simmonscourt grounds).
    Parking is free for all bikes at the Carole Nash Irish Motorbike Show.

Airliner wrote: »
    Is ther bike parking at the event?

Answered my own question, organisers very quick to respond to a mail I sent.

Yes, bikes can park at the front of the RDS main hall we also have overflow parking across the road (Simmonscourt grounds).
    Parking is free for all bikes at the Carole Nash Irish Motorbike Show.

I said it before, but if the weather is good the bike park is the best part of the bike show.

Advertisement