Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad won't restore

Options
  • 24-10-2016 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi guys

I have an iPad Air 2 which had ios 8.1 firmware (Jailbroken) and I decided to reset and update to ios 10.0.2. Got the firmware from here - iPad Air 2 (6th generation WiFi).

I think something when wrong with the reset all settings. I think the JB affects this. So I downloaded the latest ipsw and press shift on restore button to select it to update iPad in DFU mode but I keep getting this (14) error. I've used 4 different usb leads and different ports and also using latest iTunes

Any way out of this? Any suggestions really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Have you tried updating on the device itself without iTunes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Zcott wrote: »
    Have you tried updating on the device itself without iTunes?

Can't get out of dfu mode with picture of USB lead on screen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Maybe try again with 10.1?

It's the first time I've been caught as I always can fix after awhile like rooting etc. But this has been going on a week now without any resolution. You'd always find something online but it's looking like this iPad while be going into the box I'm afraid

Probably better forums for this judging from replies here, but surely my iPad can't be bricked as it is permanently in DFU mode?

Extreme measures I've done, reformatted PC with latest Win 10. Updated all drivers, downloaded latest iTunes, authorized my PC, bought a genuine USB iPad cable, downloaded 8.x, 9.x amd 10.x ipsw's and tried to restore. Tried another PC and a friend's laptop. Tomorrow I'm trying from a macbook. Keep getting error 14 on my PC but on friend's laptop the restore progress bar just stops half way

• Advertisement

Macbook was able to restore it and fix the problem

Advertisement