Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplier died

Options
  • 24-10-2016 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I was looking to get a DVR replaced under warranty by a wholesaler.
    However they informed me that the supplier died and they have no one to send it back to?
    Where do I go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

surely a refund

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, are you the retailer or did you buy from a retailer? I'm curious as to why the wholesaler is mentioned at all. If you are a consumer and purchased from a retailer then you have to be sorted out by the retailer. If the wholesaler died then that's the retailer's problem, not yours.

It's a common tactic used by retailers - I'd love to help you but (circumstances outside my control/lame excuse) ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

coylemj wrote: »
    OP, are you the retailer or did you buy from a retailer? I'm curious as to why the wholesaler is mentioned at all. If you are a consumer and purchased from a retailer then you have to be sorted out by the retailer. If the wholesaler died then that's the retailer's problem, not yours.

It's a common tactic used by retailers - I'd love to help you but (circumstances outside my control/lame excuse) ......

I'm not a retailer.
    I bought directly from a wholesaler not a retailer that's why they are mentioned.
    I'll get back in contact with the wholesaler and try get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The wholesaler is responsible as the retailer - who they bought it off is unimportant to you. That they are a wholesaler doesn't matter if you made a retail purchase.

While its not really relevant, is the supplier that died a human (actual death) or a business (bankruptcy?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

L1011 wrote: »
    The wholesaler is responsible as the retailer - who they bought it off is unimportant to you. That they are a wholesaler doesn't matter if you made a retail purchase.

While its not really relevant, is the supplier that died a human (actual death) or a business (bankruptcy?)

Thanks!
    The owner of the company died and no one else took it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

just contact the manufacturer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Op, to be fair, you are not being very clear. A wholesaler is a vendor, same as a retailer/shop when it comes to consumer rights/law.

If the wholesaler/shop is still trading then they are responsible and that is where you should go. If the owner died and the wholesaler/shop has closed, then frankly, you are wasting your money going to SCC and would probably have more luck with the manufacturer.

Is the wholesaler/shop closed or is it still trading?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

chrismon wrote: »
    Hi.
    I was looking to get a DVR replaced under warranty by a wholesaler.
    However they informed me that the supplier died and they have no one to send it back to?
    Where do I go from here?

A refund, your contract is with the shop, you do not need to know anything about the background story

Advertisement