Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brim Bros ceased trading

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

How much does it increase the Q factor, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Alek wrote: »

16mm, DC rainmaker had a quick look at them recently. Shud be up on his site, can't link as it's blocked in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Alek wrote: »

If you're using Shimano Pedals, you can replace the pedal axle for a narrower one that screws in to the power meter and it won't change the Q-Factor.

DC Rainmaker: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/04/iq2-149eur-first-power-meter.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,450 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The cycling weekly article kinda ignores the wattteam powerbeat.

Definitely looks interesting - not sure I'm ready to commit to the kickstarter, but could well hold off to purchase something easily swappable which isn't crank/ cleat dependent. I've had the wattteam powerbeat in a basket several times, and while the crankset would be swappable between my two road bikes, I'm still not convinced I'd be inclined to do so compared to a pedal option, notwithstanding possible "sprint" issues with it. And pedals put me off, as I like my spd's! One of the podcasts I listen to that has stuck with me suggested the best power meter is the one you will use the majority of the time!

Just on Q-factor, I know Ray is a bit dismissive of it, but I definitely noticed it when I used to do some sessions on a wattbike. It seemed to take more of a toll on my hips and knees, despite me making sure the rest of the fit was pretty much spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

The fact that they're using thin film technology is the thing that impresses me. While around since the 80s its still used in the construction of processors and i work on tools that do just this and the technology is advanced to say the least. Ill be keeping an eye out for the first real review which is typically Dc rainmaker.

Advertisement