Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal Advise

Options
  • 24-10-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello Everybody
    Please help me, I had a solicitor to solve some employment problem for me and after he finished he sent me an invoice with 5000 euros stating that as professional fees and VAT. He didn't tell me at any stage that the cost could be that much and I didn't expect that. what should I do?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

Hello Everybody
    Please help me, I had a solicitor to solve some employment problem for me and after he finished he sent me an invoice with 5000 euros stating that as professional fees and VAT. He didn't tell me at any stage that the cost could be that much and I didn't expect that. what should I do?

Legal advice isn't permitted on boards as the mods will no doubt tell you.

Talk to the solicitor in question or the citizens information centre.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Not legal advice, but solicitors are obliged to set out or estimate their fees in advance in their letter of engagement. Not doing so can be a disciplinary matter.

Google 'section 68 letter' and check your correspondence to see if you got one.

More info is publicly available on the Law Society website, lawsociety.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 NewBuilding

Thanks a lot guys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Thread closed
    legal advice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement