Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Where's this?

My OH has been living in an apartment block for the last 8 years and would like a change to a bungalow.

Ill pm you MM.

Ah I see - thats fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

My OH is s******g a brick now, cos the broker rang her and said that he noticed something to do with her credit rating......!?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

She can get her own report from the ICB, could be a mistake she might get reversed if she has no knowledge of it, she probably knows what it is though.

http://www.icb.ie/credit_rating.php See point 9.

She can get her own report from the ICB, could be a mistake she might get reversed if she has no knowledge of it, she probably knows what it is though.

http://www.icb.ie/credit_rating.php See point 9.

Thanks. Passed it on to her

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

In relation to your earlier question on commute times, you'll be 40 minutes to the Finglas junction, based on a departure time of 7:30. From there to Lucan could be give or take 20 minutes depending on what way the wind is blowing.

• Advertisement

OP here again. We found a gorgeous bungalow in Kilcock a little while ago that has a wet room already in it.

I have a couple of questions re: access though.

1. The front door had a couple of steps that lead onto the footpath outside(it's on a Main Street). Would it be much hassle to build a ramp coming up the side of the house?

2. the agent told us that there's planning permission in place to build a house at the back of the one I'm talking about(we'd share the entrance). Should I let this put us off?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OP here again. We found a gorgeous house in Kilcock a little while ago that has a wet room already in it.

I have a couple of questions re: access though.

1. The front door had a couple of steps that lead onto the footpath outside(it's on a Main Street). Would it be much hassle to build a ramp coming up the side of the house?

2. the agent told us that there's planning permission in place to build a house at the back of the one I'm talking about(we'd share the entrance). Should I let this put us off?

1. How big is the footpath (width wise)?
    2. Do you mean you'd share a driveway?

Stheno wrote: »
    1. How big is the footpath (width wise)?
    2. Do you mean you'd share a driveway?

I couldn't tell ya how big it is lol!? There's no driveway as such, just a main electric gate at the side

Property: "Forge Cottage", Church Street, Kilcock, Kildare http://myhome.ie/3852166

There's the house I'm talking about. If you scroll through the photos, you'll see the gate and footpath I'm on about.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I couldn't tell ya how big it is lol!? There's no driveway as such, just a main electric gate at the side

I wouldn't worry about the shared entrance so, but if the footpath is narrow that might preclude you getting planning for a ramp

Stheno wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about the shared entrance so, but if the footpath is narrow that might preclude you getting planning for a ramp

Would you need PP?

• Advertisement

Would you need PP?

I would imagine if the ramp was going to significantly impact on the foot path space then you would, I'm not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭wench

Would you need PP?
    Of course you would, sure you need planning permission just to dish the edge of the kerb for vehicle access.
    Also, you'd be looking to build on the public footpath which you don't own.
    Contact Kildare council and get their view.

I'd be shocked it they refused to allow disabled access to be created to the house, that sort if thing would be all over the papers and not the publicity they would want.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

https://goo.gl/maps/rU9FpXu2Bao

Will your chairs fit through that white door? Where would that brown door lead into now?

If that telephone box is still there, PP may be an issue. Ramp in the side alley won't happen, as it'll restrict access, and prevent ambulance access.

I can see you not being able to get out on Sundays when church goers park in front of your house.

the_syco wrote: »
    https://goo.gl/maps/rU9FpXu2Bao

Will your chairs fit through that white door? Where would that brown door lead into now?

If that telephone box is still there, PP may be an issue. Ramp in the side alley won't happen, as it'll restrict access, and prevent ambulance access.

I can see you not being able to get out on Sundays when church goers park in front of your house.

We've been in the house to have a look, so, yes they will fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

How far back from the house?

Look at this, I'm guessing the entrance will be the small white road bit leading off the road. How tall will be the building, and how much light won't you have after it's built?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

We'll not consider that till we buy a place

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

We'll not consider that till we buy a place

It's just that if you seem that be looking at places that have Bathrooms already modified and with the grant you could expand your search and use grants to modify to your taste and requirements

ted1 wrote: »
    It's just that if you seem that be looking at places that have Bathrooms already modified and with the grant you could expand your search and use grants to modify to your taste and requirements

It's just by luck we came across that one!? It could take ages for a grant to come through....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Lovely house! So the rear garden has planning for a house but the plot comes with the house as far as I can see? Leaves it up to you to either build that house or sell that portion of land with the planning granted. What do you think of getting in to the house through the back? It says you have access around the side, it would be easier to put a ramp up to the rear entrance (no planning needed). You could always move in and work on getting a ramp to the front door in the future. I certainly wouldn't let either point put me off, it's a lovely house, very central and convenient.

Lovely house! So the rear garden has planning for a house but the plot comes with the house as far as I can see? Leaves it up to you to either build that house or sell that portion of land with the planning granted. What do you think of getting in to the house through the back? It says you have access around the side, it would be easier to put a ramp up to the rear entrance (no planning needed). You could always move in and work on getting a ramp to the front door in the future. I certainly wouldn't let either point put me off, it's a lovely house, very central and convenient.

That's an option alright. It's a little out of our reach financially(unless the EA can meet us somewhere lower?)

I found the planning for the house at the back, it's a bungalow and is down the back of the site so wouldn't be near you.

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=1904541&format=jpeg

Not sure if that link will work.

If the plot is included in the sale you could ask about not buying that section and getting the price dropped. Or do some research on land value in the area and look into selling the rear plot. Talk to a local agent in another company.

I found the planning for the house at the back, it's a bungalow and is down the back of the site so wouldn't be near you.

http://idocsweb.kildarecoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/ViewFiles.aspx?docid=1904541&format=jpeg

Not sure if that link will work.

If the plot is included in the sale you could ask about not buying that section and getting the price dropped. Or do some research on land value in the area and look into selling the rear plot. Talk to a local agent in another company.

Link not working

Link not working

Ah sorry, always hard to link things on council websites!

On kildare County council planning the file number is 16395

I can try to get you some pdfs when I'm on my laptop in the morning

Ah sorry, always hard to link things on council websites!

On kildare County council planning the file number is 16395

I can try to get you some pdfs when I'm on my laptop in the morning

Cheers. Appreciate that.

Another question: can anyone tell me where Pitchfordstown is in Kildare?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Another question: can anyone tell me where Pitchfordstown is in Kildare?

Kilcock according to Google

Kilcock according to Google

That's what I thought? May be a little village outside Kilcock.....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

That's what I thought? May be a little village outside Kilcock.....?

Definitely not a village. It'd be more likely a townland. An area of a couple of hundred hectares down a narrow country road with a scattering of houses either side.

The only village outside kilcock really is newtown

Advertisement