Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Definitely not a village. It'd be more likely a townland. An area of a couple of hundred hectares down a narrow country road with a scattering of houses either side.

The only village outside kilcock really is newtown

Townland is what I meant lol! I've a good idea where it is. My brother lives on the other side of Enfield....in another townland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I have attached a jpg of the plan, hopefully you can see it.

On re-reading the ad for the house it doesn't look like the rear plot is included in the sale, nor is it on the market.

A lack of fence being put up yet would lead me to believe that the house isn't really on the market yet, perhaps the owners intend on building the house out the back and need to get a market value for the front house to fund the build? I'd be wary anyway. A fence needs to be put up to make the boundary clear before any sale goes through.

I have attached a jpg of the plan, hopefully you can see it.

On re-reading the ad for the house it doesn't look like the rear plot is included in the sale, nor is it on the market.

A lack of fence being put up yet would lead me to believe that the house isn't really on the market yet, perhaps the owners intend on building the house out the back and need to get a market value for the front house to fund the build? I'd be wary anyway. A fence needs to be put up to make the boundary clear before any sale goes through.

Thank you :-). Agent DID mention it when we were down looking at it last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Ayuntamiento

Pitchfordstown is the name of the area just outside the village when you drive out past scoil dara/abbeyfield estate, etc.

Pitchfordstown is the name of the area just outside the village when you drive out past scoil dara/abbeyfield estate, etc.

So it's a townland...?

• Advertisement

So it's a townland...?

I suppose so....It's basically just at the edge of the village.

I suppose so....It's basically just at the edge of the village.

Is it near Enfield?

It's basically this area on the map:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4049314,-6.6766174,3a,75y,170.5h,92.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1shjU47sPQdNdq76q9L_zoSQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

If you keep driving away from the village on that road you'll eventually end up in Enfield but I wouldn't say that it's near Enfield. Pitchfordstown is still in Kilcock.

It's basically this area on the map:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.4049314,-6.6766174,3a,75y,170.5h,92.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1shjU47sPQdNdq76q9L_zoSQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

If you keep driving away from the village on that road you'll eventually end up in Enfield but I wouldn't say that it's near Enfield. Pitchfordstown is still in Kilcock.

Think it's a bit too far.....?

Tried to get the agent to see if the sellers were prepared to lower their asking price on the house in Celbridge due to the fact that we're going to have to spend extra money on having to get it adapted to suit our needs....?

No such luck!! :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Tried to get the agent to see if the sellers were prepared to lower their asking price on the house in Celbridge due to the fact that we're going to have to spend extra money on having to get it adapted to suit our needs....?

No such luck!! :-(

Celbridge is a sellers' market. You need them more than they need you

athtrasna wrote: »
    Celbridge is a sellers' market. You need them more than they need you

We're going to have another look at it next weekend

Can anyone advise me as to where Osberstown is? Another bungalow has come up there.......

Can anyone advise me as to where Osberstown is? Another bungalow has come up there.......

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Middle of Nowhere??

I never even heard of the place before you asked about it!

But again, Google maps is your friend. 7 mins drive from Naas main street, 4 mins from Sallins.

The satellite image would seem to put it out in the fields alright, but it's not too far from civilisation :) (depending on what your definition of that is, mind you)

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/Sallins,+Co.+Kildare/Osberstown,+Co.+Kildare/@53.2443105,-6.6942311,3838m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x4867791e5b692765:0xa00c7a997321790!2m2!1d-6.6652312!2d53.251067!1m5!1m1!1s0x486778d237a6726b:0xb316f0c9a89063!2m2!1d-6.6882382!2d53.2375562

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I never even heard of the place before you asked about it!

But again, Google maps is your friend. 7 mins drive from Naas main street, 4 mins from Sallins.

The satellite image would seem to put it out in the fields alright, but it's not too far from civilisation :) (depending on what your definition of that is, mind you)

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/Sallins,+Co.+Kildare/Osberstown,+Co.+Kildare/@53.2443105,-6.6942311,3838m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x4867791e5b692765:0xa00c7a997321790!2m2!1d-6.6652312!2d53.251067!1m5!1m1!1s0x486778d237a6726b:0xb316f0c9a89063!2m2!1d-6.6882382!2d53.2375562

I'm thinking it's one of those townlands out in the back a&@e of nowhere with a smattering of houses....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭karenalot

I'm thinking it's one of those townlands out in the back a&@e of nowhere with a smattering of houses....?

Osberstown is a wide area with a lot of it based around the train station in Sallins. Parts of it are housing estates located slap bang in the middle of the village (Google Osberstown park/court) and parts in fields and roads out the back of these estates leading along the canal areas over the M7 into Naas.

Depending on where the bungalow is located you could be in a built up area or in an area that looks very rural. Some houses also use a Naas or Sallins address when in reality they are nearer much smaller Kildare villages further away.

karenalot wrote: »
    Osberstown is a wide area with a lot of it based around the train station in Sallins. Parts of it are housing estates located slap bang in the middle of the village (Google Osberstown park/court) and parts in fields and roads out the back of these estates leading along the canal areas over the M7 into Naas.

Depending on where the bungalow is located you could be in a built up area or in an area that looks very rural. Some houses also use a Naas or Sallins address when in reality they are nearer much smaller Kildare villages further away.

It looks like a pretty rural area to me(on Google Maps)......?

• Advertisement

Apparently, according to the agent, its after a bridge? Digby Bridge maybe? Sounds like it's in the middle of nowhere alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,355 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Apparently, according to the agent, its after a bridge? Digby Bridge maybe? Sounds like it's in the middle of nowhere alright?
    What exactly do you want posters to answer here?

Your definition of "middle of nowhere" may be very different to mine. It's only a few minutes' to drive to Sallins and Naas, as previously posted, but that may be too far for your liking, we just don't know.

Sounds like you'll just have to go and eyeball it for yourself tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

somewhere with terrible internet access is my definition of the ar*e end of nowhere

Went to see it today. It's far too small for 2 wheelchairs.

We've gone Sale Agreed on a bungalow(dormer) in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Skerries wrote: »
    somewhere with terrible internet access is my definition of the ar*e end of nowhere

digiweb satellite works for me ;) They came out the day after I moved and relocated the dish and fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

We've gone Sale Agreed on a bungalow(dormer) in Naas
    Good to hear. I assume you'll tarmac the driveway, or how hard is it to push the wheelchair through the pebbles?

Will you be getting in something to access the attic rooms, or just leave it for guests?

Driveway is already tarmacced. We'll work on getting a stairlift etc

There's no pebbles, the bungalow is in a housing estate

Folks,

A while ago, I posted here that we had gone "Sale Agreed" on the house. We are still waiting for the Mortgage Approval to come through. Broker told me today that ours is in a queue to be done. How long should this take?

Selling Agent is putting pressure on us to close the deal, when we haven't been given Mortgage Approval as of yet......?

How long should this all usually take to complete??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Folks,

A while ago, I posted here that we had gone "Sale Agreed" on the house. We are still waiting for the Mortgage Approval to come through. Broker told me today that ours is in a queue to be done. How long should this take?

Selling Agent is putting pressure on us to close the deal, when we haven't been given Mortgage Approval as of yet......?

How long should this all usually take to complete??

It depends, when did you apply for mortgage approval?

It's generally not the best idea to put an offer in without approval.

Advertisement