Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Stheno wrote: »
    It depends, when did you apply for mortgage approval?

It's generally not the best idea to put an offer in without approval.

The deposit was paid 3 weeks ago, so around then..... Our offer was accepted. We've gone Sale Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Stheno wrote: »
    It depends, when did you apply for mortgage approval?

It's generally not the best idea to put an offer in without approval.

I'd have thought in the current climate it would be unusual for an offer to be accepted without at least approval in principle? :confused:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

The deposit was paid 3 weeks ago, so around then..... Our offer was accepted. We've gone Sale Agreed.

If you don't close within a reasonable timeframe, you may well lose that deposit.

Why did you go sale agreed without having funds in place?

Three weeks is no time for mortgage approval tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

OP - Have you signed Contracts yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

When we applied for our mortgage it took approx 11 weeks for us to get our official loan offer from PTSB, it was a nightmare of one paperwork request after another. Our Broker contacted us every fortnight looking for more up to date statements etc.
    Luckily our house was a new build so a bit more flexible. I'd get onto your broker/bank and try to expedite things

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'd have thought in the current climate it would be unusual for an offer to be accepted without at least approval in principle? :confused:

We have AIP

SusanC10 wrote: »
    OP - Have you signed Contracts yet ?

No

sullivk wrote: »
    When we applied for our mortgage it took approx 11 weeks for us to get our official loan offer from PTSB, it was a nightmare of one paperwork request after another. Our Broker contacted us every fortnight looking for more up to date statements etc.
    Luckily our house was a new build so a bit more flexible. I'd get onto your broker/bank and try to expedite things

Contacted him today to get him to see what the situation is.

Edit: he's going to try to escalate it for us.

We've received our loan offer!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

That's great news, exciting times, best of luck with it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

That's brilliant, hope it all goes smoothly now :)

Solicitor getting their copy in the morning.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Congrats:)) you both must be so excited

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Congrats:)) you both must be so excited

Yep we are!

Took my Dad down to see the area today. Didn't/couldn't go into the house though. Just took him around the estate

Signed contracts with solicitor today

Closing on 19th May

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Congratz MM - I assume everyone on boards in invited to the house warming?

Congratz MM - I assume everyone on boards in invited to the house warming?

Lol nice try!!! What should happen next......?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Lol nice try!!! What should happen next......?

If you're closing on the 19th then you hope to move in that day but delays are not uncommon so just have a contingency planned. Hopefully though all grand and you can enjoy your new place.

A favour if I may - if you get anyone good on the chair-lift/lift front would you PM me contact details for them? Father-in-law is 6'9" tall and is having awful trouble finding someone.

• Advertisement

If you're closing on the 19th then you hope to move in that day but delays are not uncommon so just have a contingency planned. Hopefully though all grand and you can enjoy your new place.

A favour if I may - if you get anyone good on the chair-lift/lift front would you PM me contact details for them? Father-in-law is 6'9" tall and is having awful trouble finding someone.

Will do! And 6'9"!!!!!??? Wow!! We won't be moving in that day, as we're going to have to get a lot of access works done to make it suitable for both of us.

......aaaaaaaaaaaand it's done. We have the house keys!! We can start the fun part now of making it accessible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Congratulations and the very best of luck.

pilly wrote: »
    Congratulations and the very best of luck.

Cheers

Hi all.

We've run into a sticky situation in terms of making the house accessible.

We have tried out a couple of stairlifts that, for various reasons, are unsuitable for both of us.

A through floor lift had been suggested, but these cost in the region of 10k.

We don't qualify for any grant funding due to the income threshold limits.

We have already applied for a loan through thr credit union for the wedding, so cannot see us getting any other loan...?

Any ideas where we could go from here??

We have already applied for a loan through thr credit union for the wedding, so cannot see us getting any other loan...?

This may sound a bit cheeky but ask all your wedding guests for cash only?

We're moving into the house BEFORE we get married, so that has to be ready first.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Is it the main stairs that is the issue? Straight stairs or 1 or 2 legs on the stairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is the wedding date set in stone?

• Advertisement

We're moving into the house BEFORE we get married, so that has to be ready first.

I'll be honest Mickey I think you're stretching yourself all over the place here. New mortgage, credit union loan for the wedding and now you've to have this done? It's a matter of priorities really isn't it? Something has to give.

Are there not bedrooms downstairs that you could live downstairs for the meantime and save up? As I recall its a dormer bungalow yeah? Do they not usually have a bedroom downstairs?

Advertisement