Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving website from hosting company A to hosting company B

• 25-10-2016 8:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a website registered with GoDaddy, I have hosting with Blacknight & VooServers.

I currently have 1 website hosted wtih Vooservers and am about to set up another website on Blacknight. When subscription the existing website on VooServers runs out I was planning on moving it to Blacknight.

Can anyone tell me is this complicated or straightforward please?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

How complicated depends which systems the different providers use and on your web site.
    If both hosts use, for example, cpanel you can move the whole thing, data bases, files, email setting etc. in one go.
    If the hosts are using different systems then zip all the files and down load, download any data bases etc. then upload to the new server.
    If the site is created in WordPress for example there are plugins that will pack and clone the whole site including database ready to be mover to the new server where you unpack it.
    Many hosting providers will move the site for you but this usually depends on control panel compatibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you need assistance moving sites to us please contact our support desk and they can advise.
    In general moving sites isn't that complicated, but needs a bit of planning, as database names, user names, passwords, file paths and other things would need to be updated.
    HTH
    Michele

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement