Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Butchers

Options
  • 25-10-2016 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Is there any around that would be similar to FxB style with what they offer.

I'm looking for cheap cuts like short ribs, brisket, pork neck and cheek.

stewing season is here and I hate all that pre packed crap from Dublin Meat Company or Gleeson's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭baba_bear

Power's Butchers in Ongar village might be what you're looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

baba_bear wrote: »
    Power's Butchers in Ongar village might be what you're looking for!

Has he being around for years? I used to live near Clonsilla train station(10 years ago) and would pop up to the one in Ongar, decent stuff

Power's have been in Ongar for about 4 years or so - I think it was O'Malley's butchers before that. If it's meat for stewing that you're after, I got lovely beef shin steaks in Power's - really delicious!

Exactly what I was looking for, mentioned all the cuts and he said he can get them once I give a bit of notice. His steaks looked decent too.

Cheers.

No problem at all RasTa :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Gleeson's in the shopping centre is fantastic, but the best one I've found is the Dublin Meat Company, can get meat for four of us for a month for around €100

Gleeson's in the shopping centre is fantastic, but the best one I've found is the Dublin Meat Company, can get meat for four of us for a month for around €100

I don't think you read anything in my OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

RasTa wrote: »

Do you bring your meat home in your hands?

VeVeX wrote: »
    Do you bring your meat home in your hands?

Erm, yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Great family run butchers in Laurel Lodge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

RasTa wrote: »

I did, they don't just do pre packed stuff though, although not many realise that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'd like somewhere in the area like The Village Butcher in Ranelagh. Anyone know if the place in Ongar is like that? I'm looking for a proper craft butcher.

Not sure what a craft butchers is but powers is closer to FxB than anything I've seen in D15

Advertisement