Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

8 masses for Axel

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

that'd be great - it should be called purgatory on the A&A forum.

No, purgatory does not exist. This is the A&A forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

One post by realdanbreen deleted here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

robindch wrote: »
    One post by realdanbreen deleted here.

Why was the post deleted?
    It was not offensive. Why not repost it and let people see for themselves?

On what grounds was that post deleted?
    Because an inthread warning was issued here concerning posts which:
    robindch wrote:
    And secondly, that A+A is a discussion board where posters expect to be able to discuss topics, even sensitive ones, without others jumping in and questioning their right to discuss and without others going out of their way to infer some silly political conclusion which causes them to hyperventilate, fist-wave or otherwise generally disturb the peace.
    Your post was deemed to have contravened one or more of these conditions, so it was deleted. As the warning said it would be. I've deleted a second post of yours too as it's more or less a duplicate.

You might want to consider giving more thought to the way in which you post and you might enjoy the discussion more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

hope its ok to compare 8massesforno8 with this Are you one of the mad yokes signing up for the Mass event on Facebook? http://www.breakingnews.ie/discover/are-you-one-of-the-mad-yokes-signing-up-for-the-mass-event-on-facebook-761157.html
    Thousands of people are expressing their interest in a Mass event on Facebook set up by the page: Sunday Morning Mass On RTE One.

The Facebook page has been set up since 2012 and posts random messages about Mass every now and again including: “Great Mass on right now!” and “More Mass this Sunday. Nothing unusual about it at all. Nothing.”

Suddenly the page made a Mass event for October 30 and so far 10,000 people have signed up to go and another 3,300 people are interested.
    was there a metric on facebook for 8massesforno8, this probably got a lot more interactions

people started leaving alot of silly messages http://www.her.ie/life/someone-created-a-facebook-event-for-mass-and-all-hell-is-breaking-loose/317319 http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/whats-on-news/best-posts-over-100000-people-9135492

there was criticism of blasphemy so someone suggested donations for Pieta House http://www.irishtimes.com/student-hub/facebook-mass-boosts-donations-for-pieta-house-1.2848400

• Advertisement

realdanbreen - if you post in this thread again within the next week, you will be carded or banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

I think it's time to let the man seriously rest in peace!

Way too much lamenting going on for far too long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

... says the religious troll while resurrecting a thread that has been dead for two months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Way too much lamenting going on for far too long!

I'm inclined to agree. I know there were certain milestones, the rearranged match etc but that should be the end of it now. However the young lads 8 mass idea was well intentioned and only a proper knob would criticise the kid for doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

recedite wrote: »
    ... says the religious troll while resurrecting a thread that has been dead for two months.

To be honest I never saw the date! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

fisgon wrote: »
    This is problematic, I think, in more ways than one. Though of course voicing any kind of dissenting opinion will be seen as insensitive.

THE 11-YEAR-OLD son of Anthony Foley has launched a different kind of Facebook call-out in his dad’s memory.
    The Facebook page – dubbed #8masses4no8 – says that the family has been overwhelmed by the support it has received in the last week, and urges fans to attend mass for the next eight Sundays in tribute to Foley, whose birthday would have been this coming Sunday.
    Foley’s son, also named Tony, has asked “that this page be set up in his memory” according to the Facebook page.
    Munster head coach Anthony Foley passed away suddenly and tragically in France last week from a heart complaint.
    “The number 8 (Foley’s former position) is, of course, a special number for Tony and his family but the eight Sundays also bring us up to that special family time of year, Christmas,” the page continues.

http://www.thejournal.ie/anthony-foley-son-mass-3044192-Oct2016/

The children of the deceased are perfectly entitled to ask that the memory of the father be respected in a manner of their choosing - should folk decide to remember their father.

I don't see any difficulty with their request.

Advertisement