Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry - do they crop twice a year

Options
  • 25-10-2016 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭

Mine are in year two and still have fruit now.

Was this a confusing year for them or is this normal ....

Im not complaining ... nom nom nom ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

worded wrote: »
    Mine are in year two and still have fruit now.

Was this a confusing year for them or is this normal ....

Im not complaining ... nom nom nom ...

Same here; year two also. Most of mine cropped in the summer, but it looks like some of the new growth is fruiting now.
    Was wondering if I have a mix of summer & autumn varieties.
    Strange thing is the birds are not touching the few that have appeared now, even though I removed the net a few weeks ago.
    Will see how they go next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

johnb25 wrote: »
    Strange thing is the birds are not touching the few that have appeared now, even though I removed the net a few weeks ago.
    Will see how they go next year.

I think there is plenty for the birds to eat at the moment. I have berries on my holly tree at the moment, but its very unlikely there will be any by Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

looksee wrote: »
    I think there is plenty for the birds to eat at the moment. I have berries on my holly tree at the moment, but its very unlikely there will be any by Christmas!

Maybe plenty, but nothing nicer than raspberries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Mine are the autumn variety, third year. I had a good bit of fruit in early summer this year which surprised me, and for the last few weeks I've had loads. Maybe it depends on the weather, I think last year it only started in late summer/ autumn.

Advertisement