Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Spurs - League Cup, 19:45 , Sky Sports 1

• 25-10-2016 2:10pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

Lots of changes likely for both teams for this one. For Liverpool it could be the occasion for the likes of Mignolet, Moreno, Lucas, Klavan, Grujic, Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Ejaria, Alexander-Arnold, Stewart to get some game time. there weren't wholesale changes the last couple of rounds, but now that we are a bit further into the season there may be some made. Mignolet playing instead of Karius and Henderson suspended are the only sure things in that regard so far. I expect a good few changes, but not 11.

Spurs have a heavy schedule with European fixtures also, so are likely to make a lot of changes themselves, so this might not have the recognisable intensity that would normally be expected from a meeting of these teams.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Really can't see Liverpool winning this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Really can't see Liverpool winning this one.

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I'd be interested to see Ejaria and Terence Trent Darby (#Tobeyism) get a run out, as I've heard good things about them.
    Hard to get excited about this competition in general when we are joint league leaders.. I guess I just don't want injuries to our first 11, of which we will see at least 4-5 starting this game.

garra wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see Ejaria and Terence Trent Darby (#Tobeyism) get a run out, as I've heard good things about them.
    Hard to get excited about this competition in general when we are joint league leaders.. I guess I just don't want injuries to our first 11, of which we will see at least 4-5 starting this game.

To be honest, I'd play as close to our first 11 as possible. A win is much preferable to a defeat and they can get injured at any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is the treble on. Dare we dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

To be honest, I'd play as close to our first 11 as possible. A win is much preferable to a defeat and they can get injured at any time.

God no , play the guys that need football like ings and the young Cubs and keep working in training for next league game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Fair enough we will differ on that point.. They could get injured at any time but why take the chance on the first 11 with C Palace away on Saturday. I suppose I am being ultra cautious as we seem to have a realistic opportunity of finishing high up the table this season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

niallo27 wrote: »
    Is the treble on. Dare we dream.

You looking to get discussed in other threads? I assume that is the purpose of this?

cjmc wrote: »
    God no , play the guys that need football like ings and the young Cubs and keep working in training for next league game

Seeing as we're not in Europe, it be benifical to have the players getting some experience of playing games in close succession.
    I'd rest Lallana and Firmino though.

5starpool wrote: »
    You looking to get discussed in other threads? I assume that is the purpose of this?

Yes I crave the attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The team Spurs are apparently fielding shows how much Pochettino cares about this competition.

Imagine Liverpool will do the same, basically a reserve game.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The team Spurs are apparently fielding shows how much Pochettino cares about this competition.

Imagine Liverpool will do the same, basically a reserve game.

Any links to the team news?

Spurs are juggling plenty of competitions this year so will need to dig deep into their squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/790968195083624448

#LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Lucas, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Ejaria, Origi, Sturridge #LIVTOT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/790969856652783616

#THFC team: Vorm, Trippier, Carter-Vickers, Wimmer, Davies; Dier (c), Winks; Onomah, Carroll, Nkoudou; Janssen. #COYS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Wasn't expecting the two young lads to start the game, massive night for them both, I hope they enjoy it.

I was expecting changes for Liverpool, but not 11 of them. Spurs doing the same basically, although I assume Dier started last weekend at least? Not sure about the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I like the look of our team.

Havent a notion who their lot are :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Spurs have a player called Winks. brilliant.

should be a fun match though. No biggie for either if its lost, still wanna see a pool win of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The kids! (hugs self! :pac:)

Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Lucas, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Ejaria, Origi, Sturridge

Karius, Clyne, Lovren, Can, Lallana, Mane, Ings

11 changes and yet still an exciting looking side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

subs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

MD1990 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/LFC/status/790968195083624448

#LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Alexander-Arnold, Lucas, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Wijnaldum, Grujic, Ejaria, Origi, Sturridge #LIVTOT

Not being one to take any interest in the reserves or youths, I counted 12 in the Liverpool starting line up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

really highlights the strength in depth of both squads. You would have to think liverpool have the stronger side on paper at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I was expecting changes for Liverpool, but not 11 of them. Spurs doing the same basically, although I assume Dier started last weekend at least? Not sure about the others.

Yeah dier started last game at right centre half to cover alderwalds injury.

Spurs fan myself and not too hopeful of winning tonight, both teams are depleted but I think anfield will get pool the edge

Niall Quinn on commentary will please a lot of people. I prefer listening to him over Alan Smith anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Niall Quinn on commentary will please a lot of people. I prefer listening to him over Alan Smith anyhow.

as long as it's not a man city game he is commentating on he's grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

He's just winding up a few of our regular 'spectators' and having a bit of craic.

And if they get wound up, all the better.

Personally, I'm enjoying the quiet with WUMs not coming in with the usual crap on the 'Pool thread and having that flavour in their own thread.

Long may it last:)

I'm looking forward to seeing Alexander-Arnold tonight and more especially, Grujic. He looked well off the pace last time out so I hope he has adjusted to the pace a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's so weird listening to the English lads like Redknapp talking about other English players (Sturridge in this case). it's like they all suffer the same myopia, or there's some Englanders Contract they have to sign where they refuse to comment on the obvious. Even the phrasing, everything is parsed carefully so as not to criticize... "he probably thinks Firmino offers higher workrate for the team"... there's no "thinking" about it - it's just a fact, and the reason Sturridge isn't in the first 11, and will remain the case until that changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

subs?

John Barnes, Steve McMahon, Jack Whitehall, Gordon Ramsay and Duncan from Blue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Spurs are definitely the value bet here, not much between the teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Really no idea what spurs team is like. Interesting line up from pool. I had high hopes for grujic let's see what he can do.

Only one tie from Wembley with a win though. Be huge for klopp to get his first trophy.

tinpib wrote: »
    John Barnes, Steve McMahon, Jack Whitehall, Gordon Ramsay and Duncan from Blue.

No Gerrard?

niallo27 wrote: »
    Only one tie from Wembley with a win though. Be huge for klopp to get his first trophy.

If we win this we are in the quarter finals, not the semi finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Spurs are definitely the value bet here, not much between the teams

A few more experienced players in the Liverpool line u, should shade it for me.

However, Moreno is in the Liverpool side, and no experienced player can counter balance that.

• Advertisement

What's he on about? Klaven was bought as third choice.

Sturridge!!!!

Nice following in on the shot.

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLio

Lazy Sturridge scores and looks grumpy and injured by the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did that really happen?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He's a fix in the bix !

Nearly 2, excellent shot.

Origi did really well. Sturridge had time to take a touch there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Lovely from Origi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Decent game of ball so far all things considered

Probably an orange card there for that tackle by Alexander-Arnold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Dark yellow no?

I think he was a bit fortunate. Another ref may well have given a red.

Klopp effect seems to be working on the crowd, plenty of noise which was not always the case in past games like this.

murpho999 wrote: »
    I think he was a bit fortunate. Another ref may well have given a red.

Certainly could have been. If it was a more experienced player I think it would have been. It shouldn't matter, but refs often do seem to take it into account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement