Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Party 2016 - 3 Arena

Options
  • 25-10-2016 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭

So with the long weekend looming who's heading to Winter Party in the 3 Arena?
    I haven't heard much build up about this event but I'm looking forward to hearing the legend that is Sven Vath.

Can't wait to hear Jon Hopkins also, after his brilliant performance at EP 2015 I'm hoping if it will be half as good I'll be happy :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Not a bad line up at all, Hopkins is a DJ set though, so I've no idea what he plays in a DJ set.

winterparty_1__event-square.png

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Indie Dancer

Does anyone know how this went tickets sales wise? By the looks of the videos it was busy enough but not a sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Does anyone know how this went tickets sales wise? By the looks of the videos it was busy enough but not a sell out.

yeah I seriously doubt it was a sell-out anyway, it was also slow enough to fill up and with the likes of Jon Hopkins on at 6:30 I wasn't going to miss him.

Really enjoyed it, had a laugh with costumes and general banter. Music wise I loved it, some proper techno. I liked the way each DJ mixed straight into the previous one, no messing around.

yeah I seriously doubt it was a sell-out anyway, it was also slow enough to fill up and with the likes of Jon Hopkins on at 6:30 I wasn't going to miss him.

Really enjoyed it, had a laugh with costumes and general banter. Music wise I loved it, some proper techno. I liked the way each DJ mixed straight into the previous one, no messing around.

Good stuff.

Id say it was a very expensive show to put on. I wonder if the promoters broke even on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Are there any veterans here from the first few Winter Parties in The Point? Or how Spring Party in Cork? The latter wasn't even half-full but it was a good session. Richie Hawtin MK 1, complete with bald head and 909.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Pickpocket wrote: »
    Are there any veterans here from the first few Winter Parties in The Point? Or how Spring Party in Cork? The latter wasn't even half-full but it was a good session. Richie Hawtin MK 1, complete with bald head and 909.

On further thought, that's not actually true. Hawtin's sound had already changed (although the spectacles and shining bald head were present and correct). He played this on the night and it's since become one of my favourite tracks ever.

I also remember Carl Cox getting on the mic and calling Justin Robertson 'Justin Robinson' and Robertson gave an awkward little facepalm, long before facepalming even had a name.

I'll bring this whole thing back on topic with one of Cox's best tracks on the night, Sven Vath's gloriously ridiculous 'Mind Games', although Cox had it pitched down with thumping tribal drums played underneath (tribal techno, jesus I'm getting old).

Anyway, is there any pics or videos doing the rounds of Saturday night? I've never been to a techno gig in the O2. Are the upper tiers open for it or is it all standing?

I dont have enough posts yet to link you to it but there's plenty of videos etc on the official Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

upper tiers closed, all standing. Lots of space available at the sides, it wasn't rammed by any means.

Advertisement