Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" - 43" Television

• 25-10-2016 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I will be looking shortly to buy a new telly and to be honest it is a minefield of options out there

My budget would be around the €4 - €500 mark
    I don't know if I want to adopt 4k and pay the early investor tax yet and I can't see myself really using 4k too much anyway as I don't even have HD on the Sky box which I won't have hooked up this one anyway.

It doesn't necessarily have to be smart as I am going to be attaching a HTPC to it so will be streaming or playing video files and will also have a PS4 connected but not the Pro version so no 4k.

From what I have read that 200Hz is the sweet spot as anything above that is just trickery and manufacturer spin

I don't mind if it is not a well known brand like the HiSense ones that are being mentioned but have the quality instead

So is there anything you can recommend or anything I should be looking out for?

Advertisement