Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent shop I can sell to in Dublin City Center?

• 25-10-2016 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I have a really old box of Hyakunin Kegon cards from Japan that (according to a multitude of google research attempts) can be priced at anything between 50 to 300 euro...
    I thought maybe the shop I usually go to in town would buy it for a decent price but the lad there offered me 2 euro for it.
    2 euro. For something I could get 50 for elsewhere.
    Anyone know where I can sell to? Or if anyone here would even be interested in it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I've never even heard of them and even eBay doesn't appear to have. Charity shop. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

I'll give you €3 for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

Zenify wrote: »
    I'll give you €3 for them?

Actually no. I second the charity shop idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Karuta cards OP, there seems to be a lot of them on ebay under that name.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Alienigenis

Aye, I've seen them. Amazon has them listed straight away though if I just google "Hyakunin kegon"
    https://www.amazon.com/Hyakunin-Kegon-cassette-tape-japan/dp/B001CIO4F6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Not really, a couple of hundred on eBay.com and about 12 on the UK site with no bidding on any lot as the majority on BIN sales. Put them on eBay but I suspect that you will be wasting your time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭Anthony O Brien

Karuta cards are very collectible and would be a waste sending to a charity shop (very harsh lads)

In order for them to bring in anything over €100 they have to have a good theme like comic book heroes or sport stars unless they are pre WWII

The ones you have linked from amazon are overpriced and the market value is more like €30-€40

Your best bet is to list them yourself on ebay.com, not .ie or .co.uk and put plenty of pictures up and a low starting price auction as there would be little demand for them here in Ireland so few shops would pay a decent price

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Alienigenis

Karuta cards are very collectible and would be a waste sending to a charity shop (very harsh lads)

In order for them to bring in anything over €100 they have to have a good theme like comic book heroes or sport stars unless they are pre WWII

The ones you have linked from amazon are overpriced and the market value is more like €30-€40

Your best bet is to list them yourself on ebay.com, not .ie or .co.uk and put plenty of pictures up and a low starting price auction as there would be little demand for them here in Ireland so few shops would pay a decent price

Good to see someone else who knows the value of Karuta cards. Even 30-40 is far better than what I've been offered and I know the cards are worth no less. I'll see how things go on the eBay side of things!

Advertisement