Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadpool 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Saw it earlier. Thought it was pretty good. It's not really my kind of humour (the
    parachute
    scene was genuinely hilarious though) but I seemed to find it funnier than most of the audience.

I expected a ton of reviews on here though. Is it not getting much buzz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Just back. Saw it on the IMAX. It was great.

DO NOT MISS THE MANY mid-CREDITS SCENES!
    There is not an end credit scene .. BUT .. there is a kinda end of credits song.

It didn't have the bump effect Deadpool had because we knew we were getting quality product
    so instead..
    It delivered quality product! :D
    All puns intended

I do
    confess, I felt the feels when Vanessa died .. and minor feels at other times throughout.

The
    violence had me moving around in my chair
    so much! :eek:

Cable was done well.
    Looks like they gave nods to the nano virus and also included the teddy bear for Hope

Also
    The X-Men scene!
    :D

Finally, favourite member of X-Force had to be
    Domino
    . Just kinda so cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

As a big fan of the first one, I don't know.. this was a just OK!

Probably considerably more action than the first but felt a lot more of the humour fell flat unfortunately.

Was really kinda hoping we'd see a
    bit more Terry Crews and Rob Delaney but their demise was funny enough

The mid-credit sequence was genuinely hilarious though.

I think it definitely sagged in parts.. as a Marvel movie, it's solid but can't help but feel slightly disappointed!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I really enjoyed it, thought it was easily up to the standard of the first without a Die Harder esque insistence on making everything bigger. As a minor point, I wasn't hugely keen on
    how Vanessa was written out
    but what are you going to do? The humour landed just as well as the first and the choreography for the action was engaging and exciting. As someone who tends to find the MCU films too constrained by their age rating and formula, this was right up my alley.

And yes, stay for the mid credits sequence, it's excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Very enjoyable sequel. I did enjoy the first one more but this had a very high bar set from original. There were still some quality funny acts like when we see our X force team jumping into action!!!

Can’t believe some people left before the mid credit scenes.... Do not leave early!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Seen this last night, had me howling laughing throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

It was brilliant.
    I must admit, I had zero enthusiasm about going to see this and just went along because it was a friends birthday. I enjoyed the last Deadpool, but I find Ryan Reynolds grating at times, and I wasn't in the humour of watching the same recycled silly jokes, but I'm glad I did, It was done really well and I really enjoyed it.

Some of the high points
    Peter and Vanisher stole the show, I was cracking up every time Vanisher was referenced, but wasn’t on screen. Was it Brad Pitt?
    A friend said it to me afterwards, but I didn’t notice, and if true makes it even more hilarious
    The X-men scene was class. Was that archive footage? Or did they film that scene for the movie. I didn’t catch all the Xmen, only Quicksilver and Jean.
    Who else was there?
    Hands down the best after credits scene ever, but I think they missed a trick with Deadpool not going back to the bit in Xmen3 where Phoenix kills professor X and stopping it.
    Juggernaut, The sun's getting real low big guy
    Domino, she's as cool as a cucumber
    Every scene with Yukio and Deadpool
    Deadpool prolonged death scene
    The jump scene, High winds :D
    Baby legs scene

Deadpool and Cables chemistry,
    or as Deadpool calls him, Thanos

It's a fantastic film, well worth a trip to the cinema.

kerplun k wrote: »
    Peter and Vanisher stole the show, I was cracking up every time Vanisher was referenced, but wasn’t on screen. Was it Brad Pitt?
    A friend said it to me afterwards, but I didn’t notice, and if true makes it even more hilarious
    Yes, it definitely was.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Saw it yesterday, laughed so much I nearly choked on popcorn at one point. The cinema was packed for the movie, but less than a third (!) of people stayed to see if anything happens after the credits. I thought that people know at this point how Marvel movies work?

Saw it yesterday, laughed so much I nearly choked on popcorn at one point. The cinema was packed for the movie, but less than a third (!) of people stayed to see if anything happens after the credits. I thought that people know at this point how Marvel movies work?
    Jaysus, only 2 people walked out before the mid-credits sequence in the screening I was at.

I stayed til mid-credit sequence (
    Logan cameo, Ryan Reynolds death etc.
    ) but not til end. Did it have anything after the credits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Gwen Cooper

Basq wrote: »
    Jaysus, only 2 people walked out before the mid-credits sequence in the screening I was at.

I stayed til mid-credit sequence (
    Logan cameo, Ryan Reynolds death etc.
    ) but not til end. Did it have anything after the credits?

The last scene was mid-credits, when
    Ryan Reynolds gets shot while holding the Green Lantern script.
    There was nothing after that, except a brilliant song about
    The Juggernaut
    that was really worth waiting for. I'm sure you'll find it somewhere on the internet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

The last scene was mid-credits, when
    Ryan Reynolds gets shot while holding the Green Lantern script.
    There was nothing after that, except a brilliant song about
    The Juggernaut
    that was really worth waiting for. I'm sure you'll find it somewhere on the internet :)

Yeh that Juggernaut song was fun. . I actually think this had the best post credits scene I have ever seen.

Did anybody else notice when the
    entire X-Men cast in the room when they closed the door cause Deadpool was whinging about them not allowing these very characters in the movie ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I think one of my favourite details was
    the choral music during the Juggernaut fight whose lyrics are variations on "Holy $hitballs"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Went to see it last night and it was absolutely brilliant. So many funny parts nearly to many to mention. If your not into the superhero universe then a lot of jokes will probably go over your head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It was good but I don't get the rave reviews.

It didn't really get going until Cable showed up. Some good one liners and decent action, but there was an overriding feeling of smugness about the whole thing that left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Really enjoyed it but oddly enough thought the first 5 to 10 minutes were pretty ropey, it really took a while to properly find its feet and get moving properly. But in fairness, when it did get a footing, it was excellent.

I'd be slow to say it's better than the first - the original being as much a unexpectedly brilliant under-funded experiment as anything else - but it's definitely a rock solid, almost perfect sequel. Ryan Reynold's schtick can be grating at times usually but he's actually way better balanced in this one by the supporting cast which is fantastic. Josh Brolin is excellent as Cable (in a general sense, never read the comics so I've no idea about the representation).

The dynamic between wise-cracking Wade and stoney Cable just worked really well and the general narrative is lot fresher than the first one which was far more cliche overall. Some great cameos as well and the end credits actually made me laugh more than the movie itself.

Definitely a hugely fun time at the cinema. I would have to admit I enjoyed it as much as Infinity War and Ragnarok recently, just in a very different way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Really enjoyed that. Josh Brolin is on a roll, he was fantastic in this.

As someone who generally hates comic book films, it was enjoyable. Better than the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I absolutely loved the 1st one , this isn't as strong in my opinion and for me that's a let down

At times it focus'es way too much on taking shots at other movies it kind of got distracting by the end.

Still liked it though and Reynolds Brolin and Zaza are all great in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The
    parachute scene
    was one of the out and out funniest things I’ve seen in a long, long time. Superb.

I loved this from start to finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I have to say that the first one is still much better. This was ok but not anywhere near as good or as funny as the first one.
    This definitely took a while to get going but the opening credits were very cool and so was the closing credits. I would go see this movie again do which is not something I would say about Avengers: Infinity War.
    I will have to go see it again before I rate it do.

@Roar The Spoiler:parachute scene was one of the out and out funniest things I’ve seen in a long, long time. Superb.

I have to say I thought that scene was dragged out and found it very boring.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Really enjoyable film, took me a while to get into it but laughed a good few times
    Rob Delaney is hilarious in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Roar wrote: »
    The
    parachute scene
    was one of the out and out funniest things I’ve seen in a long, long time. Superb.

So many jokes that its hard to remember them all, I will definitely be watching it again.

I did like when Al (Blind Woman)said..
    Speak up, I cant hear you with all that pity dick in your mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

Brilliant movie, definitely worth seeing in the cinema especially if you enjoyed the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thoroughly enjoyable, and Domino was sexy as hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I saw it yesterday, and I thought it was very funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Thoroughly enjoyable, and Domino was sexy as hell.

she's very funny in Donald Glover's TV show "Atlanta"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

Goddamnit I left after
    Deadpool has Negasonic and Yukio repair the time machine
    but I left right after that, apparently I missed more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Occono wrote: »
    Goddamnit I left after

You poor bâstard. Go and watch it again and feel bad for what you did. Argubaly the funniest bits you missed.

Occono wrote: »
    Goddamnit I left after

Oh no! You missed
    A Guest star appearance by Ryan Reynolds.

Deadpool went back in time just to when Ryan gets the script for Green Lantern. 1 Bullet .. middle of the forehead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Do you have to enjoy the whole comic thing to enjoy this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

akelly02 wrote: »
    Do you have to enjoy the whole comic thing to enjoy this ?

It helps to be pretty well familiar with the Marvel and DC cinematic universe yes - a lot of it would go over your head and some of the narrative would appear somewhat unexplained if watched purely as a standalone film.

Could still definitely be enjoyed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Written by:
    The guys who killed John Wicks dog
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

pjohnson wrote: »
    You poor bâstard. Go and watch it again and feel bad for what you did. Argubaly the funniest bits you missed.

I thought it was just teasing him using the time machine in the next movie, didn't seem like there was going to be anything more. I'm not paying again to see it, I'll just watch them later. :/

The best laugh of the movie was the parachute scene, otherwise it was decent but not worth seeing again.

Time for a re-listen to the first of the credits songs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsKbwR7WXN4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Slydice wrote: »
    Oh no! You missed
    A Guest star appearance by Ryan Reynolds.

Deadpool went back in time just to when Ryan gets the script for Green Lantern. 1 Bullet .. middle of the forehead!

TBH this part
    with Hugh Jackman and "fixing the timeline" is easily the best end movie bit ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I'm not that familiar with the marvel universe or Xmen or any of that, I just find them all very boring and always have done.

In the last year I've watched Deadpool, Logan and Deadpool 2...looks like I picked the good ones.

Deadpool 2 is fücking amazing. Possibly the best scripted film I've seen in years and not just because of the comedic lines. It's just great, I enjoyed the shïte out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I really liked it. Good fun. Pretty much what I expected going in. What I will say is that barring the funny set pieces (which are funny) nearly all the dialogue related jokes are essentially the same self-referential joke dressed up over and over and over and over again. Will definitely go go see another one, but they need to evolve the meta shtick. A bit more guile with the script and less of the throwing as much sh!t at the wall and seeing what lands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I thought it took a while to get going but once it did I enjoyed it. Much improved on the first one imo as I think it riffs a lot more on the comics rather than the lowest common denominator stuff Deadpool has descended into in recent years. Really enjoyed Julian Dennison in hunt for the wilder people and he’s Ricky with super powers in this which is brilliant.

Loved a lot of the cameos and other characters in the background although spent the whole movie expecting
    the headmaster to be revealed as Mr. Sinister in the end after seeing the name of the school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm a bit conflicted to be honest. I think it was a better movie than Deadpool 1, but I don't know if I'd consider it to be funnier. There were some very funny moments and lines, but a lot of it was just rehashing jokes from the first.

Morena Baccarin and Terry Crews were completely wasted in the film.

Josh Brolin was fantastic though. Absolutely badass and fit in really well.

Will have to see again to make a final judgement. Its definitely a good film, just disappointed that the humour didn't hit the same heights as the first one, bar a few standout moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Really enjoyed it.

It took a while to get going, was a bit worried through the first act but it pulled itself together.

Thought Domino and Cable were really great, especially Domino who I had little interest in going in. Zazie did a great job as did Brolin.

Action was a lot bigger and better than the first one and I think the jokes were a little better too, so overall felt it was a step-up from the first film. Although on the other hand I think it's somewhat moving towards the comic book movies it's taking the piss out of. It also had some good emotional moments that weren't undercut with a joke which some other comic movies are guilty of.

End credits were great
    On the other hand rewriting the ending and saving Vanessa with time travel kind of makes the whole film pointless but then again I guess that's in keeping with Deadpool's shtick. Also as much as people are a little annoyed about X-force, pretty happy they were killed off, felt like it was going in a fairly predictable direction until they murdered them all. Some pretty great cameos too; The 'real' X-Men, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon

Interested to see where these go if Disney snatch up Fox

ThePott wrote: »

Interested to see where these go if Disney snatch up Fox

I would fear for the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Possibly, they did indicate there is room for an R-rated film under the Marvel brand but they certainly don't want to tarnish the MCU's family appeal. From a narrative perspective Deadpool is probably easier than most Fox properties. They'd be crazy to not try capitalise on the success of Deadpool though. Certainly they should keep the same team involved.

Saw a dad walk out with his kid about ten minutes into Deadpool as an aside. Hope that didn't lead to any awkward conversations :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Saw it last night.. Brilliant... I had a sneaky suspicion that I would like it, but not as much as I did...
    So many laugh out loud moments..
    best end credit scene ever..

Tip to tip...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

That's what Touchstone is for, and Logan/Deadpool made money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Brolin was great, loved his chemistry with Reynolds

Peter was funny, wanted more of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Peter was funny, wanted more of him

It was funny that
    he was the only X Force member Wade saved. So did the Origins scene just reuse the Logan bits or did Hugh actually come back?

Was kinda disappointed at a lack of Pennywise reference for Bill

"At least we still have Bowie"
    made me nearly get sick laughing! A lot of the humour missed the mark with me but enough stuck for it to be still considered a hilarious movie! It might be worth a second viewing, something I haven't done since Interstellar.

• Advertisement
Advertisement