Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe bike lockup near Merrion Square

Options
  • 25-10-2016 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know somewhere safe to lock a bike (preferably and enclosed car park) in or around Merrion Square? I've tried Qpark on Dawson St but they said no, it needs to be open at 6.30am this Sunday. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Think you have to join up and have an app but there's secure bike lockers in Pearse Station.

http://cyc-lok.ie/cyc-lok-parking-location/

Oh, just realised that Pearse is unlikely to be open at 630am on Sunday, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Think you have to join up and have an app but there's secure bike lockers in Pearse Station.

http://cyc-lok.ie/cyc-lok-parking-location/

Oh, just realised that Pearse is unlikely to be open at 630am on Sunday, sorry.

Yeah I spotted that and then realised the sane thing, drury St do bike parking but aren't open either. Looks like I'll have to take my chances in the open!

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

Firedance wrote: »
    Does anyone know somewhere safe to lock a bike (preferably and enclosed car park) in or around Merrion Square? I've tried Qpark on Dawson St but they said no, it needs to be open at 6.30am this Sunday. Thanks!

there's usually a cop on duty outside the Dail so if you can park in somewhere in sight of him, then I'm sure it'll be ok. Not that he'll do anything - moreso that someone might be reluctant to 'try their luck'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I wouldn't have thought that 630am on a Sunday was prime cycle theft time to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭1bryan

just had a look on google streetview. Theres a railing directly opposite the huts where the cops sit. I'd take my chances locking my bike there (doesn't seem to be any 'no bikes' signs up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement