Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm

Options
  • 25-10-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi, I just replaced the battery in my HKC alarm system now the power light is flashing and the fault light is on. 'Panel mains fault' is on the display. Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Hi, I just replaced the battery in my HKC alarm system now the power light is flashing and the fault light is on. 'Panel mains fault' is on the display. Any tips appreciated. Thanks.

Check the display light on the fused spur , did you pull out the fuse in the panel ? Or is there a mcb down on your fuse board ?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Check the display light on the fused spur , did you pull out the fuse in the panel ? Or is there a mcb down on your fuse board ?

Display light is on on the fused spur and no circut breakers are down.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

Display light is on on the fused spur and no circut breakers are down.

Fuse blown in panel ?
    Transformer cable to pcb board plugged out ?
    Transformer faulty ?

Its one of the above i reckon . Maybe bite the bullet and call out experienced engineer to give it the once over . Your battery will die in 24 ish hours and your alarm will be of no use

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Fuse blown in panel ?
    Transformer cable to pcb board plugged out ?
    Transformer faulty ?

Its one of the above i reckon . Maybe bite the bullet and call out experienced engineer to give it the once over . Your battery will die in 24 ish hours and your alarm will be of no use

Thank you! Transformer cable was unplugged. Power steady green now and fault light out.

Advertisement