Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NFL Week 8 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Chargers are just throwing this game away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great excitement in Raymond James today. Gutted not to win after being 7 up with 4 mins to go. But Penalties really kept the Bucs in it.

Winston really couldn't get the Bucs offence going.

Derek Carr was awesome. Himself and Amari Cooper won the game themselves really.

Bucs secondary is ****. Absolute ****. Chris Conte and McDougald might as well not be there at all.

41 yard TD in OT on 4th down is just dog**** D to be honest.

Hopefully get to see the Bucs win on Thursday but doubt it id they allow the Falcons throw for 500 yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great excitement in Raymond James today. Gutted not to win after being 7 up with 4 mins to go. But Penalties really kept the Bucs in it.

Winston really couldn't get the Bucs offence going.

Derek Carr was awesome. Himself and Amari Cooper won the game themselves really.

Bucs secondary is ****. Absolute ****. Chris Conte and McDougald might as well not be there at all.

41 yard TD in OT on 4th down is just dog**** D to be honest.

Hopefully get to see the Bucs win on Thursday but doubt it id they allow the Falcons throw for 500 yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Outrageous catch by Benjamin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭coco0981

Game on in Denver again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

coco1981 wrote: »
    Game on in Denver again
    Yip. Should be a good finish for both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

C'mon Jordi. Stick your shoulder in it.

Ridiculous in Atlanta. Just awful.

Dan Quinn clearly calling for a timeout prior to the ball being snapped only for the officials not to see/hear it and on the resultant play the Packers win a challenge for the Falcons having 12 men on the field and get a game-changing 1st down which allows them to score a TD and take a 6 point lead.

That is tough to take for the Falcons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yeah, Rodgers is past it, no longer elite, or even top drawer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

R-E-L-A-X. Relax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

R-E-L-A-X. Relax

I was wondering what that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Paully D wrote: »
    Ridiculous in Atlanta. Just awful.

Dan Quinn clearly calling for a timeout prior to the ball being snapped only for the officials not to see/hear it and on the resultant play the Packers win a challenge for the Falcons having 12 men on the field and get a game-changing 1st down which allows them to score a TD and take a 6 point lead.

That is tough to take for the Falcons.

Ranks of one of the most ridiculous pieces of officiating I've seen for some time. Quinn calls for a timeout to get his man off the field, the timeout is not given on time, his team then get penalised for not having the man off the field. And the incompetency of it all has probably cost the Falcons the game.

Falcons should have the win from here.
    Great drive.

Ranks of one of the most ridiculous pieces of officiating I've seen for some time. Quinn calls for a timeout to get his man off the field, the timeout is not given on time, his team then get penalised for not having the man off the field. And the incompetency of it all has probably cost the Falcons the game.

Completely agree.

I was delighted that the Falcons managed to get the win as it would have been an extremely harsh and unfair way to lose a game. The officials have been bailed out massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Completely agree.

I was delighted that the Falcons managed to get the win as it would have been an extremely harsh and unfair way to lose a game. The officials have been bailed out massively.

Dom capers is sound like that, always has his defence lay down when they are needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭coco0981

Last 2 drives highlighted how bad the chargers o-line is. Rivers had no time in the pocket, was hurried constantly. Granted it was the Denver d they were up against

Dom capers is sound like that, always has his defence lay down when they are needed

Speaking of Capers, I have missed Billy's rants about him this season. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Speaking of Capers, I have missed Billy's rants about him this season. :pac:

Cos the pffence has been horrible as well, billy has been wondering if its time to move on from the whole lot not just capers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm expecting this to be a high scoring game and the Cowboys to win it easily in the end.

Some ridiculous stuff from McCoy earlier in the Chargers/Broncos game. The call to go for two from the 12 yard line was ridiculous, just plain stupid.

Then the call to pass four times from the two yard line was just insane. Melvin Gordon had over 100 yards and was running well and I think most people were sure they would get in on the ground but they didn't even try it once.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Then the call to pass four times from the two yard line was just insane. Melvin Gordon had over 100 yards and was running well and I think most people were sure they would get in on the ground but they didn't even try it once.
    Agreed.
    Plus Rivers letting the play clock get down close to 0 on the last few plays was poor. It all seemed rushed and uncertain when a calm head was needed.

Welcome back Dez!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Dont know when the last time I saw an eagles player make someone miss. Completely devoid of talent at the skill positions. The legacy if Chip Kelly.

Wentz is getting killed by WR drops. 3 good throws ruined by drops so far tonight.

Wentz is getting killed by WR drops. 3 good throws ruined by drops so far tonight.

He has nobody to throw the ball to. The big thing is the talent is there to see with Wentz. Eagles are a work in progress so we can't expect miracles but they'll have to get some talent around him. A play for Jeffrey in the offseason would be awesome. Even a guy like Michael Floyd would be a huge upgrade on what we have.

How was there not a holding call on that pass to Bryant? So blatant... fistfull of jersey.

• Advertisement

No idea how the Eagles are winning this. Cowboys better team by miles. We've nobody that can get open and the playcalling has been VERY conservative. Tho i think thats prob as much down to the coaches knowing that the wr's can't get open as anything else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

That punter is fairly fast,in punter terms.

What a disaster of a play that was... uggghhh.. Kelce has not been good this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

That was the best slate of games this season IMO.

Redskins @ Bengals was a thriller, as was Raiders @ Buccaneers and Packers @ Falcons. Eagles @ Cowboys was decided in OT, Seahawks @ Saints on the last play of the game.

I watched from 1:30pm London game all the way through to the conclusion of Sunday Night Football and it was a very enjoyable day's entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Bears with a very impressive opening drive, especially one big break out run by my boy Jordan Howard, but a bad hand off by jay and a miserable effort by alshon to catch a td mean our terrible inability to complete drives this year continues.

Anyway I didn't see anything too scary about the big bad Vikings D there. I thought this was Halloween.

Eerily similar drive there, Howard central to a huge bite of the field (bit of cutler magic too), then alshon drops a handy pass in the end zone. Vikings haven't had a whiff yet and we should be 14 up. Have a feeling that's going to be a huge regret later. Alshon has been bad, he's done nothing on a day where cutler keeps targeting him with big throws like he wasn't getting from hoyer. This is the opposite of what I expected, thought Jeffrey would be the only thing worth watching. Right now I'd take him out if Eddie royal was playing.

On D we are, frankly, kicking their ass. This is the best I've seen us play all year.

On D we are, frankly, kicking their ass. This is the best I've seen us play all year.

Jordan Howard touch down. Well deserved, cutler also has been fantastic. Need to push on now and get a good lead while it's there to be had, it won't stay this way all through the game. Would need a three score lead at half time to have any hope, going on past experience. But this is great, love having cutty back, never liked people claiming that no score hoyer was better "because turnovers." Cutty passes like someone trying to win, hoyer passes like someone trying not to fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Hopefully you don't get many more bizarre penalties like that!

Vikes look very out of sorts

That was an absolute mystery to me, no idea what they were watching. Set up the Vikings nicely though. Bears have been reeling since.

What a stop! Daaaaa bears!!!!!!

This is, as father Ted would say, tremendous fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

That was an absolute mystery to me, no idea what they were watching. Set up the Vikings nicely though. Bears have been reeling since.

great stop though and sets the bears up nicely for the second half.

Yeah, it's easy to see the difference of having our starters back on the field, especially trevathan and mcphee, combined with Floyd and freeman who has been great all year, we have a serious front seven. Secondary is still dodgy as hell though.

Interesting they went for a hail Mary. I love it, but it's very unlike fox.

• Advertisement

Who is this nutcase doing the weekend highlights on Sky atm?

Thankfully i don't know, I only have to tolerate one shower of goons for this game and that's the ESPN crew.

Another fantastic drive, including proper alshon, but need to convert it into seven

Alshoooooooooooooon!!!!!

For fantasy players, that's actually his first touchdown of the year, unbelievable stat for him.

Viking D more like their usual selves that last drive, great sack just when gruden was giving the "this qb is fantastic" direct about jay.

Is the Vikes o-line trying to be the Colt's o-line for halloween or something?

They have been very porous alright. But there again our o line is missing two pro bowlers and they've still limited one of the best defenses in the league to one sack. It's a strange game tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Beachballz

I thought the bears were going all out for number one draft pick.

• Advertisement

Jordan Howard must have been out taking a pi55 when that was being explained.

Advertisement