Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Week 8 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

****in hell Derek Carr is some QB. Give him a couple of years and he'll easily be the best in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Wow, just wow. Great heart from Carr, despite the penalties. Big big win, second half of the season now to kick on :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

****in hell Derek Carr is some QB. Give him a couple of years and he'll easily be the best in the league.

40/59 for 513 yards and 4 TD's today. :eek:

I had him 2nd out of the QB's coming out of that draft class, a significant way behind Teddy Bridgewater, but he has been better than I ever could have imagined thus far.

Mack, Carr and Gabe Jackson in the first 3 rounds of that 2014 draft for the Raiders. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Derek Carr take a bow young fella. Just win baby to quote the late Al Davis. And Derek Carr is my fantasy starting QB :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Geronimo!

Bit of a shoot out already in ATL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Paully D wrote: »

I had him 2nd out of the QB's coming out of that draft class, a significant way behind Teddy Bridgewater, but he has been better than I ever could have imagined thus far.

Mack, Carr and Gabe Jackson in the first 3 rounds of that 2014 draft for the Raiders. :eek:

Raiders are now 6-2 (5-0 on the road aswell) and have some incredible talents on both sides.

I do wonder if they could sort out the RB situation how good their offense might be. There were rumours about trying to get rid of Murray in the past off-season so they might be able to get it sorted next year, but the passing game is working wonders at the moment; both Crabtree and Cooper look like solid options for Carr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭coco0981

Carr has such a different style to Bridgewater. Carr is a total gunslinger, a joy to watch him today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

coco1981 wrote: »
    Carr has such a different style to Bridgewater. Carr is a total gunslinger, a joy to watch him today.
    Think he was discussed on the Pats thread when they played us in Foxboro in his rookie season. He looked unfazed and quality that day; he was very impressive. He's only improved since that time.

The amount of times Siemian gets away with INT's being dropped by the opposition is actually quite unbelievable. He has 3 INT's this season but could easily have had treble that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Should have at least two already today.

• Advertisement

Chargers are just throwing this game away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great excitement in Raymond James today. Gutted not to win after being 7 up with 4 mins to go. But Penalties really kept the Bucs in it.

Winston really couldn't get the Bucs offence going.

Derek Carr was awesome. Himself and Amari Cooper won the game themselves really.

Bucs secondary is ****. Absolute ****. Chris Conte and McDougald might as well not be there at all.

41 yard TD in OT on 4th down is just dog**** D to be honest.

Hopefully get to see the Bucs win on Thursday but doubt it id they allow the Falcons throw for 500 yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Great excitement in Raymond James today. Gutted not to win after being 7 up with 4 mins to go. But Penalties really kept the Bucs in it.

Winston really couldn't get the Bucs offence going.

Derek Carr was awesome. Himself and Amari Cooper won the game themselves really.

Bucs secondary is ****. Absolute ****. Chris Conte and McDougald might as well not be there at all.

41 yard TD in OT on 4th down is just dog**** D to be honest.

Hopefully get to see the Bucs win on Thursday but doubt it id they allow the Falcons throw for 500 yards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Outrageous catch by Benjamin

Game on in Denver again

coco1981 wrote: »
    Game on in Denver again
    Yip. Should be a good finish for both games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

C'mon Jordi. Stick your shoulder in it.

Ridiculous in Atlanta. Just awful.

Dan Quinn clearly calling for a timeout prior to the ball being snapped only for the officials not to see/hear it and on the resultant play the Packers win a challenge for the Falcons having 12 men on the field and get a game-changing 1st down which allows them to score a TD and take a 6 point lead.

That is tough to take for the Falcons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Yeah, Rodgers is past it, no longer elite, or even top drawer. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

R-E-L-A-X. Relax

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

R-E-L-A-X. Relax

I was wondering what that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ridiculous in Atlanta. Just awful.

Dan Quinn clearly calling for a timeout prior to the ball being snapped only for the officials not to see/hear it and on the resultant play the Packers win a challenge for the Falcons having 12 men on the field and get a game-changing 1st down which allows them to score a TD and take a 6 point lead.

That is tough to take for the Falcons.

Ranks of one of the most ridiculous pieces of officiating I've seen for some time. Quinn calls for a timeout to get his man off the field, the timeout is not given on time, his team then get penalised for not having the man off the field. And the incompetency of it all has probably cost the Falcons the game.

Falcons should have the win from here.
    Great drive.

Ranks of one of the most ridiculous pieces of officiating I've seen for some time. Quinn calls for a timeout to get his man off the field, the timeout is not given on time, his team then get penalised for not having the man off the field. And the incompetency of it all has probably cost the Falcons the game.

Completely agree.

I was delighted that the Falcons managed to get the win as it would have been an extremely harsh and unfair way to lose a game. The officials have been bailed out massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Completely agree.

I was delighted that the Falcons managed to get the win as it would have been an extremely harsh and unfair way to lose a game. The officials have been bailed out massively.

Dom capers is sound like that, always has his defence lay down when they are needed

Last 2 drives highlighted how bad the chargers o-line is. Rivers had no time in the pocket, was hurried constantly. Granted it was the Denver d they were up against

Dom capers is sound like that, always has his defence lay down when they are needed

Speaking of Capers, I have missed Billy's rants about him this season. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Speaking of Capers, I have missed Billy's rants about him this season. :pac:

Cos the pffence has been horrible as well, billy has been wondering if its time to move on from the whole lot not just capers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,899 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm expecting this to be a high scoring game and the Cowboys to win it easily in the end.

Some ridiculous stuff from McCoy earlier in the Chargers/Broncos game. The call to go for two from the 12 yard line was ridiculous, just plain stupid.

Then the call to pass four times from the two yard line was just insane. Melvin Gordon had over 100 yards and was running well and I think most people were sure they would get in on the ground but they didn't even try it once.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Then the call to pass four times from the two yard line was just insane. Melvin Gordon had over 100 yards and was running well and I think most people were sure they would get in on the ground but they didn't even try it once.
    Agreed.
    Plus Rivers letting the play clock get down close to 0 on the last few plays was poor. It all seemed rushed and uncertain when a calm head was needed.

Advertisement