Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a pub.

• 25-10-2016 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. Where would be a good pub for older people on a Wednesday night in Limerick? Anywhere with live music or just even a few people knocking around. Something traditional...American tourists.

I know it would be a quiet night but please let me know if there's anything happening.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Myles Breen's
    Flannery's (next door to Myles Breen's)
    Tom Collins
    Nancy's (front bar)

Will all serve good Guinness if haven't already tried it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bazz26 wrote: »
    Myles Breen's
    Flannery's (next door to Myles Breen's)
    Tom Collins
    Nancy's (front bar)

Will all serve good Guinness if haven't already tried it.

Anywhere likely to have music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say more chance of that in Nancy's than the others to be honest. Might be worth ringing them in advance though.

Cheers for the info. Nothing on any of their Facebook pages...may have to ring them tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

afaik Dolans on the dock road will have a trad session every night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

The Locke usually have some form of trad music most nights. Last time I was there (albeit on a Thursday night) there was some couple Irish dancing too. A bit cringey imo, but is obviously there to appeal to tourists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Mylrs Breens is a bar people seem to love i dont get it at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

bigpink wrote: »
    Mylrs Breens is a bar people seem to love i dont get it at all

What's there to get? Good atmosphere, great pints and plenty of seats!

Mc Love wrote: »

Its clean and nice just people rave about it.Just find it dull saying all that its a pub after or before a meal to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Glen Tavern kiiiiid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Larkins have a trad/guitar music session on a Wednesday night from around 21:00. Group of about 6 or so locals play away, pipes, accordian, guitar etc. interesting mixture, varies a bit. 2 miles from city, Larkins Cross, Corbally Road, Co Clare.

Larkins have a trad/guitar music session on a Wednesday night from around 21:00. Group of about 6 or so locals play away, pipes, accordian, guitar etc. interesting mixture, varies a bit. 2 miles from city, Larkins Cross, Corbally Road, Co Clare.

Thanks. Ended up going to Tom Collins after all. Maybe a Wednesday thing but the pints were not good and no music or anything at all. Handfull of people in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

Thanks. Ended up going to Tom Collins after all. Maybe a Wednesday thing but the pints were not good and no music or anything at all. Handfull of people in there.

Larkins would be the one for future ref on a Wednesday night especially if you had a designated driver. It is the quintessential Irish pub, small, no telly.... the only thing that excludes it are the toilets are clean and well kept! Get there early for a seat.

A satisfied customer :-)

Costello's is my usual haunt... Only pub I really go to in town. Russels gets hit for the carvery every odd Sunday too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,337 ✭✭✭✭phog

Mc Love wrote: »

The toilet is on the same floor as the bar too.

phog wrote: »
    The toilet is on the same floor as the bar too.

Dig at me lol

Advertisement