Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why stop so many Irish rugby fas outside Ireland watching the NZ game November 5th?

Options
  • 25-10-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Shocking, prepared to pay for the privilige to watch it but eir have decided to shaft any rugby fan outside ireland(must be at least 50,000-100,000 of them) by not allowing it.

Pease help Eir, do the right thing(and make yourselves a fortune)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Shocking, prepared to pay for the privilige to watch it but eir have decided to shaft any rugby fan outside ireland(must be at least 50,000-100,000 of them) by not allowing it.

they only pay for the licence to show the match in Ireland. You don't live there so it's up to you to source a legal means of watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jockser1990

Thanks for reply SkinnyBuddha

I have scowled around a lot looking for a legal way of watching it but no joy. Less legal methods are not guaranteed to work and I don't have an android for mo*dro website.

I guess I was hoping that I am not the only fan out there in the same predicament and a small revolution will make one of the main stations/legal stream sites step in and save the day because eir don't seem to give a horses ars*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jockser1990,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]SkinnyBuddha [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]is correct & we do not have the rights to offer this outside of Ireland. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Thanks for the reply Pamela I appreciate that.

Starting to see that the issue lies more with the IRFU in them not seeing the impact it will have selling the rights to a company (eir) who have no rights to show the game outside of Ireland. This cuts out the chance for thousands of proper fans around the world to see the game.

Kr

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Starting to see that the issue lies more with the IRFU in them not seeing the impact it will have selling the rights to a company (eir) who have no rights to show the game outside of Ireland.  This cuts out the chance for thousands of proper fans around the world to see the game.

Kr
    Is it not likely that the rights to other jurisdictions have been sold to other companies?

• Advertisement

Hi Johnboy- There is nobody else showing the game online or on a television network outside Ireland in the U.K.

Are you aware of any ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭SkinnyBuddha

Hi Johnboy- There is nobody else showing the game online or on a television network outside Ireland in the U.K.    

Are you aware of any ?
    Might be better off in asking in the rugby forum. Just a heads up but dont ask how to do it illegaly , its not allowed across the site .
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=388

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Starting to see that the issue lies more with the IRFU in them not seeing the impact it will have selling the rights to a company (eir) who have no rights to show the game outside of Ireland.  This cuts out the chance for thousands of proper fans around the world to see the game.

Kr

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jockser1990,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]as a rugby fan I can understand your frustration.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Bt Sport are showing the match aswell.

Advertisement