Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking mtb hydraulic at the brake lever/cable

Options
  • 25-10-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Bought a cube acid mtb a couple of weeks ago from CRC and ever before I cycled it the hydraulic brake started leaking at the brake lever/cable and now it has lost all power. Ive no clue about hydraulic brakes and to be honest I dont want the hassle of returning it as I was hoping to do the nire valley drop the weekend, anyone know if it's a common issue or fixable? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Bought a cube acid mtb a couple of weeks ago from CRC and ever before I cycled it the hydraulic brake started leaking at the brake lever and now it has lost power. Ive no clue about hydraulic brakes and to be honest I dont want the hassle of returning it as I was hoping to do the more valley drop the weekend, anyone know if it's a common issue or fixable? Cheers

Wash all the brake fluid off your bike some of them can be corrosive and damage the finish on brake levers/frame.

It's probably something simple drop it into your lbs and they'll sort it out. It's probably a DIY job but best leave it in if you want to use it this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭pedro_colnago

Thanks yeah I probably will do that, im just hoping he says its repairable or else ive the hassle returning it up north and I miss out on the spin the weekend cheers again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Thanks yeah I probably will do that, im just hoping he says its repairable or else ive the hassle returning it up north and I miss out on the spin the weekend cheers again

PM sent

Advertisement