Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 1060 8 pin power connector

Options
  • 25-10-2016 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

This might seem stupid to some but I guess I'll ask anyway,

I have a corsair TX850 PSU, and as far as I'm aware it has no 8 pin power connectors, I don't know for sure though.

When I bought my MSi GTX 970 a while back it came with a 6 to 8 pin adapter so I was like happy days I'll just use this, that was until I decided to upgrade. The adapter has one pin missing in the upper right hand corner of the 8 pin power connector, can I still use this to power a GTX 1060 or do I need to seek a new adapter?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I really doubt such PSU has no 8 pin. Most likely it has those 6+2 pins. You just push them together and it becomes 8 pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

What he said. The six pin has a 2 pin beside it and they make up a 8pin. The reason they do it that was is some GPU's only need a 6 pin and if the six and two were connected to make a 8 pin it would not plug in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=126
    As promised, here's a shot of the cables with a table thrown in for good measure. One sight I was happy to see was the four 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors. This means that this puppy should have no trouble with anything up to and including a pair of 4870 x2 cards, if that 12V rating is to be believed.

Advertisement