Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPT for secondhand house

Options
  • 25-10-2016 9:14pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Moved house last Dec.
    LPT paid up for 2016 on this property at what I presume was the 2013 valuation.

Just checking, will my LPT for 2017 be based on the original 2013 valuation or the Dec 2015 sale price?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kbannon wrote: »
    Moved house last Dec.
    LPT paid up for 2016 on this property at what I presume was the 2013 valuation.

Just checking, will my LPT for 2017 be based on the original 2013 valuation or the Dec 2015 sale price?

Its set in place until 2019 or some year around that isint it?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,682 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kceire wrote: »
    Its set in place until 2019 or some year around that isint it?

Yes it is but I think if the house was bought or sold after the 2013 valuation you have to go with the value of the most recent sale.

Edit...no looks like it's 2013 value only regardless
    The first valuation date for LPT is 1 May 2013 and was initially for a three year period up to 2016, this has been extended until 2019. This initial valuation of your property on 1 May 2013 will be valid from 2013 to 31 October 2019 and will not be affected by any repairs or improvements made to your property, or any general increase in property prices, during this period. The next valuation date will be 1 November 2019.

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/valuation.html

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Expect that revaluation date to be a sufficiently hot potato at the local and euro elections that year that it gets bounced again.

Advertisement