Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Vetting

• 25-10-2016 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

Just a quick one, can someone point me in the direction about getting Garda Vetted, I called the Guards and they said I needed to go to Gardavetting.ie but that site doesn't resolve. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

• Registered Users Posts: 4 elliebelly

Thats it, thanks for that, I assume the Proof of identity process means I need to go to Garda station to verify myself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

elliebelly wrote: »
    Thats it, thanks for that, I assume the Proof of identity process means I need to go to Garda station to verify myself?

No idea, i'm on the run myself so can't be near the station in case i get caught :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

From Citizen's Information
    An organisation that requires Garda vetting of individuals must register with the National Vetting Bureau – see ‘Where to apply’ below. The organisation must appoint a liaison person to apply for and receive vetting disclosures.
    Details of the procedure for registering an organisation are on the National Vetting Bureau website.
    Vetting applicants

If you are applying for a position that requires you to have Garda vetting, you will be sent a Garda vetting application form (electronic or paper). You apply to be vetted using e-Vetting but you may apply using a paper form instead. If you are aged under 18 you must submit a signed parent or guardian consent form.
    e-Vetting
    To use e-Vetting you must be aged over 16. You must have a valid email address and complete the “proof of identity” process.
    The e-Vetting procedure is as follows:
    1. You will be sent a vetting invitation form by the registered organisation where you are applying for a position. You must complete the form and return to the organisation together with proof of your identity.
    2. The organisation will validate your proof of identity and send you an email with a link to the vetting application form.
    3. You complete the vetting application form online and submit it to the organisation.
    4. The organisation reviews your vetting application form and submits it to the National Vetting Bureau.
    5. The National Vetting Bureau processes the application and sends a vetting disclosure to the organisation.
    6. The organisation reviews the disclosure and will send you a copy of it.
    Link To Citizen's Infromation

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭newwan

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I need vetting for a job in Canada . How can I do this? Do I have to get the organistation in Canada to register for evetting? Surely not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

newwan wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping an old thread but I need vetting for a job in Canada . How can I do this? Do I have to get the organistation in Canada to register for evetting? Surely not
    vetting or a police certificate?

KC161 wrote: »
    vetting or a police certificate?

The Canadians told me vetting. But to get that I need them to contact the guards right? And I don't think that's going to happen...

So I'm going to get a police cert to get the ball rolling... Anyone know how I can get vetted for a Canadian organisation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

The Canadians told me vetting. But to get that I need them to contact the guards right? And I don't think that's going to happen...

So I'm going to get a police cert to get the ball rolling... Anyone know how I can get vetted for a Canadian organisation?

Gardaí only vet for registered employers in the state and you can't obtain a police certificate for employment purposes, they are only available for immigration/visa purposes, consular requests and setting up a business within the EU.

GM228 wrote: »
    Gardaí only vet for registered employers in the state and you can't obtain a police certificate for employment purposes, they are only available for immigration/visa purposes, consular requests and setting up a business within the EU.

So can I get a police certificate of clearance isntead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

So can I get a police certificate of clearance isntead?

They are simply known as Police Certificates and you can only obtain them for the reasons I stated.

• Advertisement

GM228 wrote: »
    They are simply known as Police Certificates and you can only obtain them for the reasons I stated.

So any idea what I can get? The Canadians want a Garda vulnerable sector check...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TY76

Hi,

I will be going through the Garda vetting process soon, for a Civil Service position.

I lost my driving license in 1997 for drink driving, is this something I have to disclose?

Or can I leave it out because it is more than 7 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Volunteer at your local soccer/gaa club and they'll Garda vet you.

Advertisement